StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a lot of pictures of bikes in Europe that have a sticker kit that includes the "1000" on the front cowl and a large matte black sticker on either side of the tank. Does anyone know where I could find those tank stickers?

Thanks,
B

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I've seen a lot of pictures of bikes in Europe that have a sticker kit that includes the "1000" on the front cowl and a large matte black sticker on either side of the tank. Does anyone know where I could find those tank stickers?

Thanks,
B
If you're talking about the decals pictured below, I bought them Motorcycle.ca in Canada. They were great to deal with. If I recall correctly, shipping to the US was $16.

I also bought the clear tank protection film, the lower tank protection and the frame protection. The part #'s are 990D0-31J07-PAD, 990D0-31J03-PAD, 990D0-31J04-PAD and 990D0-31J01-PAD.

FYI: Some people complain about difficulty installing these with regard to air bubbles. The decals come with a little packet of lubricant that you dilute in water. Since I ordered multiple decals, I received multiple lubricant packets. I mixed the lubricant in a typical "Windex" type spray bottle at almost twice the recommended dilution (eg: two packets to the recommended water for a single packet). After cleaning the surface with the included wipes, I then LIBERALLY coated both the bike and the back of the decal with the lubricated water. You will then be able to easily position the decal. Don't be stingy with the water!

The key is to get the thoroughly lubricated decal into proper position and then very thoroughly squeegee the water out from under the decal. The decal also comes with a small plastic squeegee/scraper. Spend plenty of time doing this and use paper towels to wipe the excess water from the edges of the decal as it's forced out from underneath.

I can tell you that I obsess over details and there is not so much as a pin-tip of an air bubble under these decals.

Tipsy

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks! Those links led me to the black tank protectors, which is what I was after. I wonder why they aren't sold in the US?

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Thanks! Those links led me to the black tank protectors, which is what I was after. I wonder why they aren't sold in the US?

I wonder the same thing all the time. I just ordered the DL650 decals for my 2015 650XT from Suzuki UK but found the 1000 decals on eBay before I knew I was able to order through Suzuki outside the U.S. I recently was sent a survey from Suzuki on my latest Suzuki purchase and in the comments at the end I complained how our accessories are almost nonexistent compare to other countries. I doubt that will change anything but it's still confusing as to why they're not available here.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The folks at Motorcycle.ca hooked me up with the tank stickers I was after. Good folks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Any idea how to buy the clear tank protectors online. Suzuki.de has some nice clear protectors with v strom logo.

I have tried on suzuki.de and suzuki uk, neither does international shipping to the U.S..

·
Registered
754 Posts
If you can get them in Canada they should be almost free ...with the exchange rate right now lol....

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
The website in post 3 does not have an online accessory store, i've looked all over there site.
All you have to do to order is email or call.

Tipsy

·
Registered
198 Posts
Decor Stickers

Just in case you can't get enough 0:) Here are additional stickers for the rim, beak and tank etc.

1) http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media...e241bc3e55ab8ff605db656f99264b.jpg?1451029724
2) http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media...25e2228b11704dd8c199d1feb2215e.jpg?1451029724
3) http://mediacdn.shopatron.com/media...2e01a6454eed6ee956f036590f7a00.jpg?1451029724

German catalog with all Suzuki DL1000A accessories on one page with picture, part number and 'price'.
Sport Enduro Tourer, V-Strom, V-Strom 1000:|| Suzuki Deutschland GmbH

Attachments

·
Premium Member
258 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Why buy from a German spot when you could get from the UK and the sites in English. Just got my DL650 decals from Suzuki UK and it took approx. 2 weeks and that's cuz it sat in customs in NY for almost a week.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am confused on msg #3 motorcycle.ca is linked but it dis not ( apparently ) has an onlne catalog...
The other lnks go to suzuki.ca... So i guess we are supposed to look the parts over at suzuki.ca and Order through motorcycle.ca???

Or I am plain dumb... Which has been suggested ftom time to time.... Lol ☺?

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
I am confused on msg #3 motorcycle.ca is linked but it dis not ( apparently ) has an onlne catalog...
The other lnks go to suzuki.ca... So i guess we are supposed to look the parts over at suzuki.ca and Order through motorcycle.ca???

Or I am plain dumb... Which has been suggested from time to time.... Lol ☺?
You are correct. The links to the Suzuki.ca site are merely to illustrate the parts being discussed.

Motorcycle.ca doesn't have online ordering. Feel free to order from the UK, Germany, Japan, etc. but a simple email to Eddie ([email protected]) or phone call (604-582-9253) will get you the parts with quick, inexpensive shipping and no VAT.

Tipsy

Reactions: Big Mike 2009

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Put on the Suzuki OEM Euro decals - uppers.

Reactions: NyMeTsFaN912
1 - 20 of 23 Posts