StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying these earphones as I see a number of you are using them. My concern is that I have a quite small ear canal on the RH side (yes, I am not balanced). Has anyone with small ear canals used these and how well do they fit?

Thanks,

Mark

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
My ear canals are smallish too (Howard Leight Max Lite earplugs are the only ones I've found that are comfortable for extended periods). I use the ER6i and like them a lot, though they do get a little uncomfortable after 2-3 hours. If I'm riding longer than that, I just swap to earplugs for a while.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I've been looking at getting a set of IEM's as well and have always had fitment problems. There is a thread over at advrider which has a lot of good information on several popular ones including the ER6i's.

I havent had a chance to use the ER6i's yet, but I have been lucky enough to borrow several sets (PFE's, ER4i, Q-Jays, and a set of Shure's I dont remember the model # of) from other folks I know. It's nice knowing a bunch of audiophiles :D. So far the best ones I've used are the Audeo PFE's with the comply foam tips. Audeo specializes in hearing aid's so they know a thing or two about long term ear comfort. The comply foam tips are offered in various sizes for any size ear and quite comfortable.

I hope to give the ER6i's a try next week, but so far the PFE's are on the top of my list.

·
Registered
174 Posts
2-3 hours tops and I'm done with them as my ear canals start hurting. I put the smallest rubber adapter on they sent, I could use one smaller.

They're not much for bass, BUT if you're looking for a bud that blocks sound like an ear plug and gives you tunes, these aren't a bad choice. they can be had for $70'ish if you shop them out.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I have small ear canals and use these with the blue christmas tree tips. Small foam tips are also available and they block more external sound, but you have to buy them directly from Etymotic.

These are the ONLY earbuds I've found that are small enough to fit in my ears AND under my helmet. Comfort? I did a thousand miles in 36 hours a few weeks ago. They were in the whole time. In fact, they're always in when I ride -- 25,000 miles last year.

Amazon usually has reasonable prices.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I bought them

I did buy the ER6i's and the small Christmas tree type do fit better than anything I have tried. They do seam to slowly work out. The sound is pretty good but not as good as the Shure's I lost.

I will try these for a while and if they don't work I may have to look at custom ones.

Thanks for everyones input.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts