StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was changing my front brake pads and found an error in the manual (2014 DL1000) regarding the torque specs for the front caliper mounting bolts. Ironically, it has the wrong spec and the correct spec side-by-side on the same page!

Correct spec circled in blue; incorrect in red. Be advised.
Automotive tire Font Motor vehicle Publication Book

·
Registered
10 Posts
Good highlight.
I'd love to know where I can actually get a manual like that. Just bought my 2014 this summer and haven't had any luck finding a .pdf or ........
Cheers
Paul

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Good highlight.
I'd love to know where I can actually get a manual like that. Just bought my 2014 this summer and haven't had any luck finding a .pdf or ........
Cheers
Paul
Here is the Suzuki US source. I don't know if they will ship to Canada, or if there is a similar website there. The manuals are copyrighted, and the mods here prohibit bootlegging any copyright material

·
Registered
10 Posts
Soooooo.....if someone contacted me directly without involving the mods.............? :))

·
Premium Member
'14 DL1000A ~_/) ~ '14 GSX1300R
256 Posts
Check also pg 4B-7, "Tightening Torque Specifications"

·
Administrator
14,311 Posts
Good highlight.
Cheers
Paul
I bought mine from my dealership.

..Tom

·
Registered
217 Posts
A small dab of blue locktite and tighten with my 1/4” ratchet have never had an issue in 15 years. This way I never worry about stripping them out and they never come loose on me

1 - 8 of 8 Posts