StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I try to log on with my iphone, I get a Loading... message and then a blank white screen. Reloading the screen doesn't help.

I have checked my logon info and it is correct. I don't have this problem when logging on from my laptop.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
What app or browser are you using to log on?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I get better results from the motorcycle.com app on my iPhone.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
When I log in from a mobile device, it gives me that same blank gray screen that says "loading...", but at the bottom there is a link to "Exit enhanced mobile mode...". After clicking that it gives me a message that it will not use enhanced mode for 90 days (?) - too bad it isn't permanent. Then it immediately goes to the normal site and works just fine.

The enhanced mode is excruciatingly slow and when I've suffered through the wait to see anything, I haven't found that it brings anything special. Certainly not anything worth that wait.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Grimmer wrote:
After clicking that it gives me a message that it will not use enhanced mode for 90 days (?)

Grimmer, I got the same message but wasn't willing to commit to a 90 day trial. Curious why that length of time is necessary.
Since you have had success with it I intend to try it.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
hey all,

first off, can you do a cache and cookie clear and see if that fixes it up? if not, ill need to know your devices, browsers you are using, and what you are trying to access at the time. also, can you supply me screenshots as well? thanks :)

~Shane

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hello, Shane. Welcome to the party.
Cache & cookie clear didn't help:frown2:
Images show iphone specs & what happens when trying to logon from the main screen.
iPhone 6 plus, 16mb, chrome browser.
Next post shows success with logging on from another screen; in this case following your message to this thread which was emailed to me.

Edit: Looks like screen shots are too big to add. Could you PM me your email address so I can send them?

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
Hello, Shane. Welcome to the party.
Cache & cookie clear didn't help:frown2:
Images show iphone specs & what happens when trying to logon from the main screen.
iPhone 6 plus, 16mb, chrome browser.
Next post shows success with logging on from another screen; in this case following your message to this thread which was emailed to me.

Edit: Looks like screen shots are too big to add. Could you PM me your email address so I can send them?
I have sent you a PM with my personal email address. Please send those images my way.

Now for anyone else having this issue, @Grimmer specifically; When you came across this issue what mobile device and browser were you using?

Richard.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I use a Galaxy S4 with both the built in Samsung browser and Chrome. The site defaults to enhanced mode, which appears to me that it tries to download the entire thread or something similar before it displays anything... I can't fathom why else it would be "loading..." for so long before showing anything. (All I want to see is the text and that should download instantly.)

When clicking "Exit Enhanced Mode..." it sends me back to the normal mobile site. I usually scroll to the bottom and click the "Full Site" button as well.

If I miss the "Exit Enhanced Mode..." opportunity, there is another chance in the menu button.

I imagine that if you don't like the normal site mode and want to return to the mobile enhanced mode, there should be a link or button somewhere that will end the 90 day normal site and revert to the enhanced mode. Also, I assume the 90 day choice is held as a cookie on your device, so probably deleting the cookie will automatically end the 90 day trial.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, ran into trouble again at 4:00PM. Not able to log in from Home screen. Even waited 3 min on the white screen with no response.
But when I went to another random screen, I could log in from there.
Hope this helps.

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi, Shane-

Haven't heard from Richard.

Discovered something new. I try to log on from the Home screen and get the blank white screen that doesn't change. If I go to the top of my browser it says "stromtrooper.com". If I tap on that line it says this:
"http://www.stromtrooper.com/#/forumsite/20766/forumsite/20766"
If I delete everything after "stromtrooper.com" I get the Home screen and I'm already logged on.

Huh.

·
Administrator
1,128 Posts
The home page and the forum page have some different urls when in mobile mode. If you log in again from the forum index (the list of all the forums) it should keep you in. As to the 90 day thing when you turn off mobile view, it's cookie based, that is how long it takes to expire.

Thanks

Kyle

1 - 17 of 17 Posts