StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
where are all of you,i am sick and tried of seeing sports bikes and cruisers out and about,aint it about time we had our own gathering,somewere in merry old england,other groups seem to get together on a regular basis,so lets get together,this site is fine for cyber chat,but what about face to face.jeff

·
Registered
11 Posts
Blighty get-together

I'd be up for a meet/ride. Based just outside of Chester. Got my V-strom 3 weeks ago and can't wait to finish the running in...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not from round these parts!!!

Im from Essex mate, if I ever happen to be going round those parts I shall let you know.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Just got my DL 1000 03 4 weeks ago can't stop riding it.Just about road out worcestershie. would be great to meet up with fellow stromtroopers around and about. :-D
Wee Strom 650 owner from Jersey, Channel Islands here - 16,000 miles in 6 months ! Great bike !

Pebble35

·
Registered
53 Posts
:-D
how did ya do that? been riding round the island 24/7 since youve owned it?
500 miles locally to get in run in then a 3,500 mile trip to Czech Republic.

A bit of daily commuting here (5 miles a day) then Timbuktu and back.........

I am busy planning this summer's riding and expect to be up to 25,000 to 30,000 miles by the time the bike is 12 months old
:-D

·
Registered
20 Posts
Thats amazing, I am hoping to do a long ride maybe round the UK or something. (Nothing as big as what you did). Did you do it alone-did it take a lot of planning-any tip's?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi,

I live in the West Mids - got my 650 X in Dec but not yet run in ( I know im a pussy!) -have not seen any other V-stroms on the road , seems we are a bit of a "cult" !!

I also have a 1989 Kawasaki GPZ900r and the owners club for this has lots of ride outs and camping trips etc - seems we are a lazy bunch - just needs someone to take the lead and arrange something I guess? Like Matthew I also fancy a long trip somewhere - either around the UK (Shetland Isles) or the Nurburgring in Germany - you can go around the track on your bike there you know for a few euro's, its only about 250 miles from the Eurotunnel.

Regards

Andy B

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

I live in the West Mids - got my 650 X in Dec but not yet run in ( I know im a pussy!) -have not seen any other V-stroms on the road , seems we are a bit of a "cult" !!

I also have a 1989 Kawasaki GPZ900r and the owners club for this has lots of ride outs and camping trips etc - seems we are a lazy bunch - just needs someone to take the lead and arrange something I guess? Like Matthew I also fancy a long trip somewhere - either around the UK (Shetland Isles) or the Nurburgring in Germany - you can go around the track on your bike there you know for a few euro's, its only about 250 miles from the Eurotunnel.

Regards

Andy B
Hi ANDY,
I'm only in worcester count me in an epic jaunt. Off to Daun near the ring in June then down to monocco via Italy, so could do with some long distance trianing.send a message via email or I'll catch your next post.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm based in Gosport on the South Coast, there are plenty of us Strommers around, you will find a good gaggle of us in The Suzuki Owners Club, just click the link below and say hello.

Plenty of discounts available for members, and no, i don't get comission ofr saying that :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Not English, but I live in England :)

I've just joined the wee club (and the motorcycling fraternity, for that matter). Only 200 miles in two weeks, mostly commuting. Certainly looking forward to getting out in the countryside a bit when it gets a bit warmer and dryer.

I'm based in north London.....

Jasper

·
Registered
11 Posts
I rode up to Birmingham and back over the weekend, and my blase nodding to all other riders was interrupted by a bit of frantic waving to a vee-strommer stuck in traffic southbound on the M1 on Sunday.

I was getting ready for work on Thursday morning last week, and shouted Strommer out the window as a blue vee rolled past. He must have thought I was an idiot. If he'd noticed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi all

norn irish living in east birmingham.

commuting 60 miles/week. rode her to prague, then across slovakia to tatra mountains and back across austria & switzerand last summer. up for rideouts and camping missions in uk. maybe also summer europe trip.

/tendays
dl650 gt centrestand sump guard crash bars heated grips gps

1 - 20 of 61 Posts