StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From about 3000- 4200 rpm I hear a vibration coming from the engine area. Is this the clutch chatter or is it normal for a "V"? It runs fine but sounds odd when rolling easily on the throttle in first through 3rd gear. If more aggressive, not as noticeable.

·
Registered
18 Posts
wgm114 said:
From about 3000- 4200 rpm I hear a vibration coming from the engine area. Is this the clutch chatter or is it normal for a "V"? It runs fine but sounds odd when rolling easily on the throttle in first through 3rd gear. If more aggressive, not as noticeable.
I too am experiencing the same exact condition. I am riding an 03 1000 with 8K on the clock. I have heard about a clutch issue, but can not seem to pin down the characteristics that lead up to replacement time. I also have not figured out if all the 03's need the replacement or was this a random problem? I called my Suzy dealer & they do show a "Superceded clutch basket" for the 03, I bought this 03 used & it has 6K on the clock, I just assumed that the Slow power roll on vibration was normal for a V-twin, until I started reading about this clutch issue.

Has anyone been through this clutch "thing" with an 03-1K ???

·
Registered
213 Posts
Seems to be the norm of the DL1000s.

W

·
0 Posts
They all do this, keep the revs above 4000 it's not like a Harley or Ducati V twin. When I checked my Throttle Body Sinc it was miles out and made a huge difference to the smoothness when set correctly. Check this site and http://11109.rapidforum.com/ for loads of info.

·
Banned
208 Posts
See if it's the "Chudder" - Chatter + Shudder = Chudder is the name those in know gave it. Shows as an annoying vibration through the bike in the 3 to 4k rpm area in all gears as you accelerate. Typical is it's most concentrated at 3,400 rpm to 3,700 rpm and sometimes you can't even ride through this range on a light throttle without feeling it.

http://www.stromtrooper.com/group-buys-stromtrooper-inventors-product-showcase/63409-engine-vibration-cure-clutch-basket-chudder.html#post699631

svman

1 - 8 of 8 Posts