StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just curious which engine had more issues 650cc or 1000cc in general?
and which is easier to work on?

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't think either engine is prone to many issues on average. There's a few exceptions with individual owners having one issue or another but most owners of either engine have little to no trouble of any kind, so long as they keep up the maintenance.
The 1000 has the clutch chudder and migrating stator magnets
Both can have starter button and regulator issues (the latter is more a Suzuki thing in general though)
The 650 ... actually I don't know of anything specific to the 650. Someone else will have to chime in.

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
my 04 Wee 650 has had little engine problems. Other models have had charging systems issues with magnets moving. Easily rectified. Clutch issues for which there is a solution. there are throttle issues on the 1000's that the 650's don't seem to have.
With the newer bikes a google of issues will inform of the problems.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Miles. Haven't had this problem personally but this is what Grey wolf used to say.
This pleases me. I have a LONG way to go before getting to that sort of mileage. My current K9 has less than ten thousand kilometres (just bought it) so I won't have to worry about it for another 193,000km

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Mine had 72k after 2 years when it was totaled.
Used properly at least. I've been sorting issues from lack of use. The latest being varnish in the fuel injection system from stale fuel.
This isn't the thread to go into that though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts