StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
knowing that the v2 comes from the now dead TL1000S ad TL1000R. Is there anyone tried fitting those engine in a V2 or change parts so that we could have the entire power of that engine. I remember that the S had around 127hp and the R had 147 hp.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
While they had advertised horsepower, they were NOT known for reliability! Very peaky to ride.

SV 1000's have around 125 hp and there have been a couple owners convert Vee's to those engines. But it is NOT near as simple as it would seem considering they bolt in place just fine.

If you want power, there is a guy on the SV forums that builds SV and DL engines. His "hot" setup is an SV engine with the 2014+ DL 1000 cylinders. He can make SV heads work with DL electronics. But horsepower costs money, how fast do you want to go?

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
I don't get it, the V-stron is not a race bike, not even a sportbike

there is a reason that Suzuki restricts the already too powerful for the bike engine in 5th & 6th gears

·
Registered
14,233 Posts
Youse guys are missing the point. The poster is in the market for more HP. Dang the particulars. Give him a chance.
Model T's and Flat head Fords were POS too but a lot of race parts were made for them. It's just what some folks do.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,188 Posts
Youse guys are missing the point. The poster is in the market for more HP. Dang the particulars. Give him a chance.
Model T's and Flat head Fords were POS too but a lot of race parts were made for them. It's just what some folks do.

Oh, I get it! I have been down this road before. I had hoped to point him in a better direction. If you are going to build the engine and fix its weak points ( just like you had to learn to do with Flat Head Fords ) there is a price to pay for what you gain. Both in broken parts and money. NO ONE is building TL engines because they have inherent weaknesses that make building a DL or SV from scratch a better engine both in HP and durability.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts