StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went of pavement through some rattling bump and the engine kept shutting down. Turns outs the vibrations would somewhat drop the kickstand down low enough to engage that switch.

Worth noting that I have a centerstand which already pushes the kickstand down a tad. But I tried then to reverse the order i.e. kickstand above center stand and the same symptoms occurred.

Then I removed the foot enlarger thinking the weight was too much, but I had the same problem.

The kick stand could use a little grease, that could be one remedy. Some friends also thought my springs might be too loose, but for an '09 bike I can't imagine that happening. I have never seen that on any bike really. Plus it's a PITA to get those springs and replace them!

Wondering if it is of value o disable the kickstand switch. I had done that on most previous bikes (KLR, etc.) and I simply had to re-learn the habits.

Opinions?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The side stand and center stand should not make contact. Something is wrong there. Added weight at the end of the stand certainly doesn't help the situation.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts