StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for an engine slidder that will work with the Motech engine guards. It appears at this stage in the game that No one makes a slidder that is compatible for the Motech-Yet? I think a mod. to the slidder will work on a Givi guard but haven't seen anywhere where a slidder has been mounted with the Motech. Has anyone got any information on a slidder that works with Motech? The added protection would be worth the money.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Duh --- What’s a slider :roll: --- OK you think I’m ignorant east Texas back woods "Gommer" :cry: --- you’re right… but I'll bet there is a whole heap more of folks readin' this that don't know nothin' about sliders neither :lol:

Old George

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Sliders are a bit of insurance - they are designed to take the bulk of the abuse if you should lay the bike down while moving. They are typically attached directly to the frame at some point so they won't break off. There are also sliders for the swing arm & provide similar protection.

Here are some that are available for the 'Stroms:
http://www.af1racing.com/store/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=88

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
A picture of sliders mounted (minus Motech engine guards) on a DL1000...

-Jack

* Motovation frame sliders - available via the link provided (above) by Gilk51

·
Registered
75 Posts
I think just about any slider will work. For the thru engine mount you will have to get a longer rod (ready rod in the right grade will work) and braze a nut on one end. This will make them stick out a bit further but my super sliders don't seem to stick out past the givis so that may be a good thing.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info. on the sliders- w/motech engine guards. I'm gonna order a set of sliders, re-lengthen the engine mount rod and attempt to mount the two. Don't think there will be any problems. Then comes the skid plate and center stand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts