StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While I don't typically proof-test my accessories, recently, gravity decided to hold a race between my right engine guard and my right turn signal to see which one would get to the ground first. Thought somebody on the list might want to know the results.

Well, the guard won! Turn signal still 100% unscathed and functional. Making a parking lot speed turn right on a slight hill with wet pavement and down it all went. Scrathes on my SWMotech guards are less than 1/4", with matching (and slightly larger) sets on the hand guard and givi sidecase. Me, I only managed to hurt my pride. :oops:

Thanks to the New England Stromtroopers who I was riding with, and who helped me get the rubber side back down again. Thanks guys...
:D

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I had two slow speed almost stopped drops and both signals survived. When I lost the bike in a gravel filled curve on the way to NC last fall the right signal finally gave it's life :p

JohnS. said:
While I don't typically proof-test my accessories, recently, gravity decided to hold a race between my right engine guard and my right turn signal to see which one would get to the ground first. Thought somebody on the list might want to know the results.

Well, the guard won! Turn signal still 100% unscathed and functional. Making a parking lot speed turn right on a slight hill with wet pavement and down it all went. Scrathes on my SWMotech guards are less than 1/4", with matching (and slightly larger) sets on the hand guard and givi sidecase. Me, I only managed to hurt my pride. :oops:

Thanks to the New England Stromtroopers who I was riding with, and who helped me get the rubber side back down again. Thanks guys...
:D

·
Registered
89 Posts
funny

I have been riding bikes for many years without a bike hitting the ground but have dropped my V Strom twice in just a few months. I suppose that extra seat height makes a tipover easier. :(

·
Registered
229 Posts
Re: funny

vancer said:
I have been riding bikes for many years without a bike hitting the ground but have dropped my V Strom twice in just a few months. I suppose that extra seat height makes a tipover easier. :(

You got that right :x :x :x :x

·
Registered
132 Posts
My right hand front blinker, lasted just long enough to show my parents my bike, before I showed them how to drop a stationary bike, and for-go the luxury of having a right hand turn signal.
Just replaced it 3 days ago, after I installed SW Motech crash bars, bash plate, and centre stand.
The blinkers do sort of sit out there, for the sacrafice don't they.....

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I was there and heard that sickening thud sound. The one I've heard my bike do too many times. I think your Strom took it very well, and so did you! A little touchup paint on the rt. guard and it'll look good as new.

It would pay to put those engine guards that JohnS has. They are a little pricey, but in the long run will save you money. I am ordering them and the skid plate and Stebel or Fiamm horn ASAP!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts