StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any engine guards that prevent the turn signal from coming into contact with the ground in the event of a tip over from zero speed? The fact that I dropped my 'Strom in my driveway a couple weeks ago and the ridiculous price :yikes: of stock DL1000 turn signals prompts my question.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Do Buell turn signals fit our stroms and cost less?

Keep in mind that any turn signal needs to be as visible as possible to drivers. The flush mounts are so close to our bright headlights that they aren't easily visible. Signals in an unconventional location might be missed by even more drivers than those who miss the present signals.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
Pat Walsh Designs bars.....I toppled my Strom in the driveway, silly accident, but no damage anywhere.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do Buell turn signals fit our stroms and cost less?

Keep in mind that any turn signal needs to be as visible as possible to drivers. The flush mounts are so close to our bright headlights that they aren't easily visible. Signals in an unconventional location might be missed by even more drivers than those who miss the present signals.[/QUOTE

I don't need to be sold on being visible. I just don't want to break another one if and when my centerstanded bike tips over on my uneven gravel driveway.

Pat Walsh Designs bars.....I toppled my Strom in the driveway, silly accident, but no damage anywhere.
Excellent! Thank you.

·
$Whatever$
1,598 Posts

Yep, Pat Walsh system works.... But........................ discontinued:thumbdown:

·
Registered
83 Posts
In another thread someone mentioned that the bark buster hand guards seem to do the job. They must stick out far enough in a tip over. That must be why my signals stayed in tact when I tipped over in some gravel in Death Valley a couple months ago. The first thing my boyfriend said when he helped me pick up my bike was "That signal is probably toast", but it was fine. I do have thebarkbuster hand guards. :thumbup:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts