StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was recently on a longer trip and kept hearing the dreaded crashbar vibration at around 5300 rpm give or take. Gets a bit annoying after a while. I just removed it along with the skidplate and took it out for a rip. The whole bike seems happier - it seems there are other frequencies that are also affected by these nefarious devices-
I am aware of their intended purpose and would love to keep them on but the bike just sounds and feels so much better. If I could find a sure way of fixing this vibration/buzz for good they would def go back on. They are givi / and aluminum cosmo skidplate btw.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
For the Givi crashbar vibration, there have been a few suggestions ranging from adding rubber washers / O-rings to the crashbar connecting tube or bolt, to replacing the connector tube with a garden hose coupler. Typical example the 5200RPM "Givi Buzz"

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yup-I may invest some time into those fixes- they all are of varying successes though...Murphys law is I will lay down the bike in my driveway tomorrow and wish I still had crashbars on... OH MURPHY.....

·
Administrator
5,745 Posts
You could also use fibre or plastic washers between the bash plate and its mounting points, but by its presence, a bash plate will aways tend to reflect engine noise upwards.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was recently on a longer trip and kept hearing the dreaded crashbar vibration at around 5300 rpm give or take. Gets a bit annoying after a while. I just removed it along with the skidplate and took it out for a rip. The whole bike seems happier - it seems there are other frequencies that are also affected by these nefarious devices-
I am aware of their intended purpose and would love to keep them on but the bike just sounds and feels so much better. If I could find a sure way of fixing this vibration/buzz for good they would def go back on. They are givi / and aluminum cosmo skidplate btw.
You can send those bars to me. I will test them on my bike for you. If they are noisy on my bike they are defective. If they don't rattle I will hold onto them for you until you get your bike fixed. :cool:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, i reinstalled the bars with silicone in the joint pipe- the buzz now moved to 6000 rpm and my tight hand is going numb- no good -
Removed them once more, and beefed up my newly acquired barend mirror/ bar end weights. just waiting on Center mount frame sliders to show up. After a quick test ride the buzz and numbness is gone for good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts