StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning a big trip this May out west from Florida. At least 4-5 weeks. I just ordered E.G. Highway pegs. Was wondering if anyone has any experience with these. They are ugly, but it might be nice to stretch my legs out once in awhile.

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
These are fantastic, I have had the same set on two bikes now and they continue to work like new. Simple and durable.

I don't understand how anyone can ride more than 3 hours without being able to stretch the legs out. My legs cramp bad without these.

·
Registered
333 Posts
These are fantastic, I have had the same set on two bikes now and they continue to work like new. Simple and durable.

I don't understand how anyone can ride more than 3 hours without being able to stretch the legs out. My legs cramp bad without these.
Isn't 3 hours about re-fueling time?

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Isn't 3 hours about re-fueling time?
I have a refueling aircraft that swings down and fills up the bike while I continue down the road. ;)

Actually the effects of cramping are cumulative for me, if I don't stretch my legs out for long periods of time the cramping comes back faster and faster each time, a gas stop isn't long enough to prevent that.

It is true I could go for a jog at every gas fill, that might help, but strangely I never do that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm looking for a set also. Enduro Guardian doesn't make highway pegs anymore according to the homepage of their site.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
I'm looking for a set also. Enduro Guardian doesn't make highway pegs anymore according to the homepage of their site.
We're in the same boat. I've been getting my finances in order so I could afford an aluminum Enduro Guardian skid plate, kickstand guard, and highway pegs, with the upgraded hardware.

Now EG stopped selling the highway pegs!

Adventure Motostuff does not offer the kickstand switch guard (although maybe their skid plate covers it?) and I am not sure about their highway pegs. One reviewer reported they did not extend out far enough for his legs to clear his crash bars, although another review is positive.

Very frustrating!

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
Ack. Well I guess maybe I'll go ahead and get the plate and kickstand switch guard (plus "upgrade" mounting hardware). EG's plate
is a better value than the Adventure Motostuff one.

Of course then it will be a PITA to find/make highway pegs that fit it.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Blackrat was talking about Adventuretech, not Adventure Motostuff. Adventuretech is Rick (Richlandrick) who makes his own products. They are high quality and the service is excellent. You should find him on line by company name. Or on our vendor's list.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
Well, I was about to place an order when...

...the cheapest shipping is almost $40?? Freakin' ouch....

I guess he doesn't have enough volume to get the "good" rates from shippers, and it won't fit in a Priority Mail box. Bummer.

Buying it anyway. Even with the steep-ish shipping, the EG package is a great value, and still a bit cheaper than the next-closest competitor (Adventure Motostuff).

·
Registered
32 Posts
Blackrat was talking about Adventuretech, not Adventure Motostuff. Adventuretech is Rick (Richlandrick) who makes his own products. They are high quality and the service is excellent. You should find him on line by company name. Or on our vendor's list.
Yeah, in the post i linked to Rick mentions having some sort of relationship with the owner of EG and is thinking about continuing with EG's highway peg design since he's closing up shop.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
Sure, but I have to have somewhere to attach them.

IIRC, EG's highway pegs were on the ends of a bar, which bar was kinda strapped to the front of the skid plate with hardware.

The Adventure Motostuff/Happy Trails highway pegs are like that. Piece of square bar stock that attaches to the front of the skid plate, with a foldable peg on each end.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Here is my solution:

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-A...rd_wg=OmhNN&psc=1&refRID=WWJFG6CB1W7PDBA37KXA

I have only one side done, as I wanted to test it out before doing all the work to find out I didn't like it. I like it! Puts the pegs down low and comfy, and they fold away nicely and aren't too bad looking either. It was a little involved - some cutting/grinding and adding some set screws to keep things from moving around. If any one is interested, I can do a pictorial on the next one.

Attachments

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
Got my EG skid plate + kickstand switch guard yesterday.

Took hours and hours to install. It's a severe PITA on the DL1000.

Got it done though. Looks great, and now I have some real protection.

Didn't realize it before I ordered, but you get more than just engine protection. The vulnerable lengths of exhaust piping that are routed past the kickstand attachment point are also shielded from mischief with the EG skid plate.

·
Farkle Purchasing System
2,672 Posts
Here is my solution:

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-A...rd_wg=OmhNN&psc=1&refRID=WWJFG6CB1W7PDBA37KXA

I have only one side done, as I wanted to test it out before doing all the work to find out I didn't like it. I like it! Puts the pegs down low and comfy, and they fold away nicely and aren't too bad looking either. It was a little involved - some cutting/grinding and adding some set screws to keep things from moving around. If any one is interested, I can do a pictorial on the next one.
Those aren't the Givi crash bars, are they?

I have the Givi bars. Pretty sure they're not 1" in diameter, so I'm pretty sure those pegs wouldn't fit without some kind of spacer.

Would like to see more detailed pictures of your modifications.

·
Vendor
5,430 Posts
JBeasty,

I suggested the pegs you got off Amazon instead of a new design when rejoining the highway peg discussion. There is no sense in me putting effort into a need that is already answered by other parts. The response from those that had tried the pegs your using was that they will eventually twist on the mounts or otherwise become less than secure. Several people responded with a similar expereince.

I certainly wish you the best of luck as they are a simple solution, not too costly and can be adjusted (crash bars permitting) for rider leg length. Please keep us informed of there suitability.

Rick

1 - 20 of 43 Posts