StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Following this forum references, I'd ordered Enduro Guardian Stainless skid plate.

Fantastic Service! Unbelievable packing! and great look of each and every part!

Thank You, YANN!

P.S. it was my friends way to help me with install

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Fogot to Mention

I forgot to mention, great color printed instructions included, and a VERY helpful VIDEO, explaining each step of installation!
Thank You, Yann!
:hurray::thumbup:

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mine arrived yesterday, I'll be working on the install tonight. Nice work on the product, the quality looks great. All the external surfaces are finished, any external welds ground and filled. Quality job from what I see.

·
Registered
2 Posts
skid plate

I went the other direction and just installed the Weld 86 skid plate last night.
$157 shipped to my door. Plain black and white instructions, but easy to follow.
Installation was a snap and the measurement tolerances were spot on!
Nice fabrication by Charlie (the owner) and customer service too.:thumbup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
I want to order this skid plate but I can't choose on which even after watching his video explaining the differences,

You guys mind sharing what made you choose yours....
Ie stainless, alloy, steel?

·
Registered
87 Posts
I want to order this skid plate but I can't choose on which even after watching his video explaining the differences,

Several items really. There was a whole thread on the Enduro Guardian over on ADV rider, lots of good comments about how it's held up. More though, I like that it extends forward enough to provide good protection to the cases, exhaust and oil filter from rocks/logs/etc. It also extends high enough to protect from the normal "sandblasting" from road grime and gravel roads kicked up from the front tire. Finally...I just thought it looked good.

I just came in from installing mine-pretty straightforward. I learned something-Suzuki corporation and Locktite must be owned by the same guy. Plenty of Locktite on the screws holding the sidestand on. You want a 2', 1/2 inch breaker bar, 1/2 u-joint and some long extensions before tackling this, but otherwise a piece of cake. At least as long as you have a bike lift to hold it up when the sidestand is off.

As far as al vs steel or stainless, just weight.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1. Better front protection
2. Crash bar connection
3. Great reviews
4. "one of ours"

·
Registered
358 Posts
@matt2905
I considered the aluminum best due to the weight savings although I don't recall how much that is. I also found a used one that made the decision easy. Before finding the used aluminum one I was considering the carbon steel version. It would be at least as strong as the others and didn't seem to be an item that has to look pretty. I think a rattle can of black from WallyWorld would easily solve any maintenance issues the carbon steel plate might have. If the weight isn't an issue and price is (I know I pinch pennies) go for the carbon steel.

·
Registered
87 Posts
@matt2905
I considered the aluminum best due to the weight savings although I don't recall how much that is. I also found a used one that made the decision easy. Before finding the used aluminum one I was considering the carbon steel version. It would be at least as strong as the others and didn't seem to be an item that has to look pretty. I think a rattle can of black from WallyWorld would easily solve any maintenance issues the carbon steel plate might have. If the weight isn't an issue and price is (I know I pinch pennies) go for the carbon steel.
I think the documentation from the manufacturer said al was 6 lbs, steel or stainless 12.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Several items really. There was a whole thread on the Enduro Guardian over on ADV rider, lots of good comments about how it's held up. More though, I like that it extends forward enough to provide good protection to the cases, exhaust and oil filter from rocks/logs/etc. It also extends high enough to protect from the normal "sandblasting" from road grime and gravel roads kicked up from the front tire. Finally...I just thought it looked good.

I just came in from installing mine-pretty straightforward. I learned something-Suzuki corporation and Locktite must be owned by the same guy. Plenty of Locktite on the screws holding the sidestand on. You want a 2', 1/2 inch breaker bar, 1/2 u-joint and some long extensions before tackling this, but otherwise a piece of cake. At least as long as you have a bike lift to hold it up when the sidestand is off.

As far as al vs steel or stainless, just weight.

I was able to get mine of with a regular socket, and a box open. took longer, but meh. Went on some fire trail riding last weekend, and am definitely glad I got it. I KNOW it saved my from a few big rocks. When you hear the bang or ping, you breath a sigh of relief.

Need to make my own radiator guard now. Took a small rock during the trip and it flattened some of the fins.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
Enduro Guardian Makes a Nice Radiator Guard Too

Need to make my own radiator guard now. Took a small rock during the trip and it flattened some of the fins.[/QUOTE]

I just put one on my Glee, it went on effortlessly. If you want to go the cheaper route, try looking at those Weber grids that go on the grille for cooking veggies and such. I almost went that route.

RR

1 - 11 of 11 Posts