StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although not unexpected due to problems meeting European emissions regulations, Suzuki have now (last week) discontinued the DL1000 and DL1000GT in Europe.

If you look at the official Suzuki sites in the UK and Germany for example, only the DL650 models are listed.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
That sucks,
That is the differance between the DL 1000 and the DL 1000GT
Thanks
Mike
Although not unexpected due to problems meeting European emissions regulations, Suzuki have now (last week) discontinued the DL1000 and DL1000GT in Europe.

If you look at the official Suzuki sites in the UK and Germany for example, only the DL650 models are listed.

·
Registered
3 Posts
That is the differance between the DL 1000 and the DL 1000GT
Thanks
Mike
Erm...not so sure panniers effect emissions but I could be wrong :)
Gutted about this though, planned to go grab a test ride on Tuesday but guessing it'll be easier said than done now :(

·
Registered
256 Posts
There are still loads in dealer showrooms. Might even see the price come down to make it more affordable now.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Finding Stroms in dealers at the moment is easier said than done. The Wee is never present in my local dealers places (2 dealers in Leicester) and I can't ever remember seeing a 1000 in a dealers, except the one near Clay Cross...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Theres certainly no DL1ks left in my local dealership but plently still im sure around the country. The future is with the 650 so it seems, they should condsider upping it to 800 with a subtle restyle IMHO

·
Registered
32 Posts
makes me wonder about the dl 1000 e33 [cali. model] for 2010..the emission standards here in cali. are close to the euro 3 standards..next tier for emissions coming so i read calls for catalyst endurance tests..yikes..i wont be shocked to see the dl 1000 dropped for cali.- strange as the zrx 1200 was dropped but was still sold in euro/uk afterwards..

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
The last trip to the dealer by work brought a tear to my eye. They had a new 09 Vee a month ago in black....I hate black. I almost bought it anyway but chickened out since my 07 is doing great. When I went by to get a tire mounted last week, the Vee was gone. Dealer said the US is dropping them, none coming in 2011.

Dealer also said that he sold Wee 5 to 1 over Vees. His thought was price difference mostly, and Suzuki having their heads up their exhaust pipe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts