Strom Trooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Great feature to have but we need to be able to activate it with the ignition switch in the OFF position.
As it is now, the ignition needs to be on which will drain the battery or the switch needs to be in the Park position which means the steering is locked. ( not good in some emergency situations )
I'll take responsibility for problems that may arise from leaving them on with the switch in the off position.

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
I would gladly trade hot emergency flashers for the worse than useless Park lights feature. The blessed Park feature has burned me twice. It's not easy to see your light in broad daylight, but it is too easy to turn the key past Lock to Park. At least with flashers, you'd have a much better chance of noticing that they were on should you accidently push the switch while dismounting the bike.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Great feature to have but we need to be able to activate it with the ignition switch in the OFF position.
As it is now, the ignition needs to be on which will drain the battery or the switch needs to be in the Park position which means the steering is locked. ( not good in some emergency situations )
I'll take responsibility for problems that may arise from leaving them on with the switch in the off position.
The problem I see with this is some a-hole will walk past your bike and turn your flashers on for you, possibly leaving you with a dead battery on your return.

How about a switch located under the seat that would activate the flashers without the need for a key in the ignition?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts