StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New user here. Posting pics here are a bit different from other sites. Does anybody else have problems using photos from Picasa?

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
I use Photobucket. I believe the process is the same. You need "image" tags at the beginning and the end of the link to the photo.

They should look like this:

an example of that is this:

The above photo link code looks like this:
[-IMG]http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/barry_buchanan/2010%20Modifications/2010%20Suspension%20Tuning/DSC03401.jpg[-/IMG]

Remove the hyphens I placed, inside the brackets, before the image tag and you should be good to go.

Barry B.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
New user here. Posting pics here are a bit different from other sites. Does anybody else have problems using photos from Picasa?
This is a vBulliten based site and posting is the same as all vBulliten sites.

Do you mean Picasa as in the desk top application or a Picasa web album?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
picasa

I mean from a Picasa web album. I have tried all of the image tags between the img brackets and cannot get the damn pictures to work. I'll keep trying.
thanks

·
Premium Member
710 Posts
Here's what you do:

1. In a separate browser window or tab, go to your picasaweb account and click on the album and photo that you want.

2. Click "Link to this Photo".

3. Select the desired size from the "Select size" dropdown.

4. Check the "Image only (no link)" checkbox. This will cause the link in the next step to become a pointer to a ".JPG" file.

5. Click the "Embed image" text box to highlight it and then press Ctrl-C to copy the link to your clipboard. Do NOT copy from the "Link" text box, that is not a pointer to an image file.

6. Back in the message you are composing, click the "Insert Image" icon (looks like a mountain top) and then press Ctrl-V to paste in the link from the previous step. Click OK and it's done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts