StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone help me I have searched and tried many different ways to make it fit but it doesn't work.

The reservoir can't go where it is in the instructions because my OEM racks are in the way.

I can't be the only strommer with luggage and an elka? thanks a million, can't ride the bike till I figure this out and the weather is sooo nice haha.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Any mounting pics of the reservoir on a 1000 with luggage rack would be great

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just went out to try again and I can either carve a big hole in the pass peg bracket mount or twist it over to the other side of the bike and hack off the old preload mount. Neither of which I am too keen on.

Someone must have luggage and an elka on a Vee so I find it a bit weird Elka mounts it this way.

·
Registered
87 Posts
My bike is in the shop to get the valves done so I can't do a picture, but I have Givi side racks and had no problem with an Elka shock. I haven't seen stock racks so can't picture what might be different. I will take a picture when I get the bike back, probably on Saturday.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I am pretty sure the givi rack is the oem rack, but not sure...

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have the Givi PLX528 rack. They appear to be different as I have nothing that comes close to the shock. They are held on with a bolt by the rear foot peg and another piece that comes up just in front of the tail light. http://www.giviusa.com/my-motorcycle/suzuki/dl1000-v-strom-02-12/plx528-v35-sidecase-hardware-detail[/URL] This is the picture.

Sorry, can't help you.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah the PLX is the newer style, mine is the older one that came suzuki branded as OEM.

I ended up putting it on the right side, not happy at all. It's right by the heel, if I knew it would be like this I wouldn't have bought this.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Go to ELKA shock mounting on a DL1000S and you'll see photos.
I have the ADV racks on my 2012 DL1000S and the res goes on no problem
Look at my pictures though, my rack mounts to the passenger footrest, yours doesnt.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Interesting , my Givi rack attaches just to bottom part of the passenger peg area. Would it be cheaper just to buy a different Givi rack set up?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts