StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my new Elka last night and have run into a problem. I have detachable saddlebag mounts that made the traditional placement of the reservoir not possible. I need access to the mount (little hole above the footpeg) for the bags so this is the only solution that I was able to come up with. The mounting clamps were barley big enough to get around the foot peg bracket so I placed one in the middle of the reservoir body and then used very large zip ties on both ends. It is on there very secure. Is there something that is not good with this set up?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
Looks fairly secure to me, Tim. You might want to change out the Zip Ties every riding season as they do tend to "dry out" with age and get brittle......but your location does not appear to have the zip ties in direct sunlight, so you should be good at least a year or more. :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Is the inverted position of the reservoir OK? I'd check with Blair or with Elka.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
***Update**

I messaged Blair with SV Racing and he said there was no problem with the mounting position. I'm going to try to button it all back together today and take her for a spin.:yesnod:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts