StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought the shock from Blair at SV Racing a few weeks ago and finally was able to take a 60 mile ride today. I took the bike to several areas where I could compare it to what I had experience with the stock shock. One particular test was 55 mph turn on a 2-lane country road that hasn't been repaved in about 15 years so there are a few asphalt patches create dips and ridges where the work was poorly done. I went thru this turn 4 times and with one pass at 65mph aimed right toward the bumpiest line. Incredible plushness and stability!!! Elka sent the shock setup for my weight and seems to be spot-on thus far. One thing this shock did quickly was to bring out the front suspension's shortcomings. Next on my list to make suspension improvements are to add Intiminators to the forks. Too bad the forks don't have compression adjustability.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Isn't that the way it always is with suspension upgrades? Same with tires for me...if I replace a rear tire on a street bike, I MUST replace the front at the same time, unless I go with a less-sticky rear tire. If the new rear matches the old front in traction, the new rear sticks better, and I hate that feeling of the front washing out in hard corners compared to the back.

I just put Intiminators in my 2012. My experience comes from KLR's and XLR's with that technology. I loved what it did for those bikes so much, I ordered the Intiminators for the DL the same day I rode it home.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts