StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to order some elite highway pegs from Dan Vessel. I had a pair of highway pegs on my Concours 1000 and they protected the body work in a 25mph low slide and I picked the bike up and it was fine--proceeded to ride home gratefully! My question is whether highway pegs would do the same thing on the Wee. I don't particularly like the Crashbars + Pegs option and I'm still going to go ahead with the pegs, I was just wondering anyone has any experience or thoughts on this?

Thanks! :thumbup:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi there - I have the Dan Vesel highway pegs that install to the 'front two' engine bolts. The basic ones don't have the plastic cover piece. The square steel tubing is quite small, so I don't think it's designed to handle many blows. Also, the whole three part assembly is tucked in pretty close to the body. Have not tested to see, but I would think this would offer little protection to the bike, and likely do heavy damage to the pegs if it made hard contact. Maybe someone here has experienced this, but not me.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I understand your reluctance to the crash bar+peg but it is a quick solution while looking for a long term. This is what I did, it was quick, and helps with kinks in the knees. I drilled and tapped the mount bar, added a SHCH to adjust the angle of the peg. They are a little buzzy around the 4200-4400 rpm range,
but not bad in the rest of the range.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts