StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has put an Electrosport high output stator in thier V-STROM(Vee or Wee)?

Trouble Free? If so how many miles etc..

Problems? If so what, warrantied?

I know they seems to have a bad name, but in all the searching i've done it seems they have a bad name with KLR owners mainly. I've yet to read a problem with a V-Strom owner, but have got a couple good reviews from Strom owners.
I can do without one by disconnecting one headlight, but my night time riding suffers.

Thank you for the replies!

·
Registered
65 Posts
I installed 1 last season. Have about 2200mi. on it. Installation was easy BUT: The wiring harness seemed to exit the stator at the wrong point requiring a rather sharp bend to fit into the stator cover and exit at the proper location. Also, the shaft for the starter "idler"?? gear fell out. Since it is hollow, I at first thought it was the 1/4 in deep socket that i used to remove some of the cover screws. Hey, it was really late at night!! Good thing I took another look. No problems so far, I will be taking the bike out of winter storage soon.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Odd they dont list the actual output of the stator. It claims it puts out 25% greater than stock. Not everyone knows how much the stocker does put out......

Price is right though, if it turns out to be a reliable product.

Keep us updated.

Cheers,

ps: I often run heated vest, heated gloves, heated grips at the same time without any trouble with the stocker. Keep in mind though, my vest is only 22 watts.

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
I've had one on my Wee for ummm... Perhaps 6k, without a single problem. I also have a voltmeter that I got from Aerostitch (RiderWearhouse) to monitor. I can run all the stock stuff (engine, headlights) plus a pair of 55 watt Hella fogs, heated grips, GPS, cell phone charger without much of a drop on the meter at all. I do have EasternBeaver's single headlight cutout, so the stator doesn't have to put out so much during the day...
Without it, I could either run the fogs OR the grips, but not both.
Lookin' forward to a heated vest!

One of the guys from Electrosport is/was on this forum & had output graphs for stock vs ES's.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
FWIW, Electrosport told me that their DL650 stator puts out about 72watts more than the stock stator. I don't have or need one though.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
FWIW, Electrosport told me that their DL650 stator puts out about 72watts more than the stock stator. I don't have or need one though.
Thats good to know, however, there will be many Stromers that dont know what the output of the stocker is, so 72 watts + ?

Just seems odd that company doesnt list what it puts out in total.

Cheers!

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Do a search on this forum on ElectroSport & you should turn up the output graphs.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the posts guys.. i actually forgot i posted this. LOL :cool:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts