StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a company that makes an electroinc cruise control for the V? Like the kind you have on the cage. I think it would be great to have. Haven't had much luck with the throttle locks on previous bikes. Just thinking out loud.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The Rostra and CCS100 are car units that can be fairly easily adapted. Use the Google custom search box above for more information. McCruise is an Australian company that makes units designed for specific motorcycles, Vee and Wee in this case, so is easier to install but much more expensive. Home Page | Motorcycle Cruise Controls

Interestingly enough following Rick's post, McCruise was banned from a Yamaha forum for saying bad things about their competition's products and is using their site to ask if it is legal for a forum to ban a paying vendor. :surprise:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I've had the McCruise fitted to my DL650 A & yes it was expensive .

The mechanic had no trouble fitting it up . A detailed manual with photos is provided detailing the whole process thru .

I know they make one for the DL1000

Anyways I did a biggish trip over the weekend 1000kms plus and it transformed the bike .

So much easier to travel through towns at their lower speed limit ( no tickets ) and the bike altered speed for hills effortlessly out on the open road .

Made for a very relaxed ride by journeys end

·
38,103 Posts
I had a CCS100 on my '07 and a Rostra on my '12. They were my #1 convenience option on each bike.

·
Premium Member
4,223 Posts
I suppose $1050 AUD is OK for some to afford (McCruise), but that is a big chunk of change, then again, if you feel you need it and can afford it, why not. It looks like a well engineered product.

I have one of those $10 throttle lockers so I can turn it on and let go with my right hand to stretch my shoulders or flex my fingers for a few seconds. It doesn't maintain speed very well, always either accelerating or decelerating, but for the price it is all I need.

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts
I suppose $1050 AUD is OK for some to afford (McCruise), but that is a big chunk of change, then again, if you feel you need it and can afford it, why not. It looks like a well engineered product.

I have one of those $10 throttle lockers so I can turn it on and let go with my right hand to stretch my shoulders or flex my fingers for a few seconds. It doesn't maintain speed very well, always either accelerating or decelerating, but for the price it is all I need.
Yep, same here however a cruise control is on list of farkles to get. The complicated installation and others having trouble getting them adjusted has kept me from pulling the trigger.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Fitting a McCruise to my V2 is on my to do list.

I have had a chat with the manufactures, I don't like the amount of space they take up under the seat.

They chose the mounting points to make it cheaper and easier to install, I will be having a look for a less intrusive position.

I installed a Command brand to a car many years ago and I found it very easy to install and set up, the McCruise guys recon theirs is even easier to install and fool proof. :fineprint:

Reactions: kustard

·
Registered
36 Posts
The Mccruise looks to be a good product, It's a lot of cash but looks worth it..

I may go this route in the near future

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Short answer is yes.

The Rostra is a car unit that you adapt to fit a bike and takes some skill to fit.

The McCruise is a bike system and is supplied to fit a given model of bike with all the hardware and problems sorted.

If you contact McCruise they will supply you with the installation instructions before you purchase so you can decide if it is the one for you.

·
38,103 Posts
On the other side of the situation is the fact that there is plenty of information here and at VSRI from people who have successfully installed the Rostra and CCS100. Anybody who can do wiring, cut an inch off the end of a piece of aluminum angle stock and drill a hole in it to mount the control pad as well as follow instructions can save a lot of money.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought the CCS100 from Murph's kits and love it. It is nice to be able to tap the increase and decrease speed button for minor adjustments when on the super slab.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great info, i plan to take on this project soon. I cant spend the money for the mccruise, so I will probably go muphs kit rostra route.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I installed the ccs100 might be the best money spent on any accessory, that and a Russell seat. Plenty of info here to help install, after you have it, you won't want to be w/o it, just my opinion.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Before you spend the $, maybe take a bike that has it for a test ride. I just did and decided that electronic cruise control will not be a reason for me to buy a specific bike and I will not spend the money to add it to mine. I just found it unnerving when I used it. I am sure having it for a while and getting used to it would make me love it. On the test ride I took it actually made me feel like a gave up more control than I like. I never really paid much attention to how often I change speed just by slightly letting off the throttle while trying to keep myself in safe riding positions.
Just something to think about before laying out some big $$.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts