StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really think Suzuki needs to fit this to the 1000 vstrom , if Triumph , Yamaha, can do it why not Suzuki...

I've ridden with cruise and I think that's the only thing I would miss if I buy a beak

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
I really think Suzuki needs to fit this to the 1000 vstrom , if Triumph , Yamaha, can do it why not Suzuki...

I've ridden with cruise and I think that's the only thing I would miss if I buy a beak
I'd like to have it and would have ordered it if it was an options. When I drive I use cruise all the time and I recently rented a Harley with cruise in Arizona and rode it for a week. The cruise was very nice on the bike.

Having said all that I do ride a fair amount and would say at the very least a throttle lock is mandatory for me so I can take my hand off for a bit. Truth is, though, that I mainly ride with my hands on the bars so it isn't' such a big thing to not have it.

..Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yep! Cruise control and able to turn off ABS bike would be complete!

·
Vendor
4,743 Posts
Terry at Werks Parts and I had a discussion about cruise controls at the Colorado Gathering a couple years back. There are two cruise controls that will work on Ebay. One is vacuum operated, the other electronic. The electronic version seems to be by far the best choice.

There is a wealth of experience on Stromtrooper and VSRI about installing these units on V-Stroms.

I picked up a throttle lock and throttle hand cramp buster in FL while headed to WA state a while back. They were a welcome relief. Without them the trip would have been miserable. My throttle hand was going numb after about an hour with these. However, I vowed that I would not make another cross country trip with an electronic cruise control after that. The throttle lock was much appreciated, but worked only good enough to relieve pressure. I still had to hold the throttle to maintain speed. Not just maintain a specific speed, but any appropriate speed as the throttle return spring lock constantly wore away at what ever position the throttle lock was at.

·
Super Moderator
13,106 Posts
The throttle lock was much appreciated, but worked only good enough to relieve pressure. I still had to hold the throttle to maintain speed. Not just maintain a specific speed, but any appropriate speed as the throttle return spring lock constantly wore away at what ever position the throttle lock was at.
A throttle lock that doesn't hold the throttle is only of limited use (and of course a throttle lock isn't cruise anyway.) Conventional throttle locks should all be adjustable for snugness.. I know the one I used on my 2006 DL650 was.

I have been using a Go-Cruise and it didn't hold when I first got it. A bit of Aircraft safety wire wrapped strategically on it to snug it made it tight enough to work perfectly.

..Tom

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,193 Posts
The only way you will see Suzuki go to factory installed cruise control is when they go to throttle by wire. Which would require a major update to the bike.

Once you have electronic cruise control on a bike, you will NEVER want to take a long trip without it.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I guess I'm pouched till they add it...reaming choices ..Triumph, Yamaha, KTM, BMW...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
A CCS100 or Rostra can be added. It would take a little work to figure out how.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts