StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for the name and source for a male cigarette plug,
(to plug into dash), that converts to a BMW female receptacle, for a heated vest connection.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Looking for the name and source for a male cigarette plug,
(to plug into dash), that converts to a BMW female receptacle, for a heated vest connection.
I'd check with Aerostitch. The site has a glitch right at the moment so I can't pull down the information. Try this as a start.

I'd seriously consider changing out the socket to the BMW specific one, as the old cigarette lighter (called cigar lighters in some of my older cars) are pathetic things for good contact. On the site you can search Kanetsu for various adapters (and many heated jackets, which I am assuming you don't need).

Another option is to go all SAE (what I have from the battery (with fuse) for things like the tire pump), or the coaxial connectors (what I have for my vest). I do carry on the bike an SAE to cigarette/cigar lighter socket adapter (home made) in case I need to run something belonging to someone else which uses that legacy system. I avoid cigarette plugs and sockets as much as possible. My seegars I light with a wooden match, thank you.

Try Twisted Throttle as well.

Reactions: Big B
1 - 6 of 6 Posts