StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question concerning the effects of freezing temps on the chemicals used in the Ride-On tire protection product. I'm having a set of Metzeler Tourances installed on my '07 wee this week and I'm considering using the Ride-On produce in the tires. My concern is that my wee sometimes sits in my unheated garage on the centerstand for days and sometimes weeks at a time from December through February, here in southcentral PA, will this have any adverse effect on the product?

Thanks,

Jeff

·
Registered
339 Posts
from http://www.ride-on.com/faq_technical.asp

Q: What is the shelf life of Ride-On (TPS)?

A: The shelf life of Ride-On (TPS) is 60 months in the original unopened containers. It is recommended that the containers be stored out of direct sunlight in temperature ranges of 20ºF (-7ºC) to 95ºF (35ºC).

Q: How does Ride-On (TPS) perform under extreme temperature conditions?

A: Ride-On (TPS) is effective from -40ºF (-40ºC) to more than 300ºF (149ºC). Ride-On works well in every season.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I use it as well for about 5 years and 3 bikes. I had used Slime before, but after a rather large puncture I used a mushroom and the slime made it pop out. I tried the same thing later with an old tire I was replacing on a bike that had no problems. It washes out of the rim well too. These things are not a replacement for a mushroom or string fix, but help. I pulled out a couple screws out of a tire before and it hissed a bit and then sealed up .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts