Strom Trooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we loose the EDIT function on posts?
I need to change photo hosting sites due to issues with Google Photo's they keep disappearing in my posts.
Once I have moved my photo's I will be deleting my Google stuff but will loose all photo's posted here in the process and without an EDIT button cannot reload them into posts.

Please advise on EDIT button and why it's not a permanent fixture and how I can do this without re-doing the posts.

Cheers GotaV2

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
I can edit those old posts for you. send me a PM with changes and links to the posts you need changed. I think members get about a week to edit posts. Giving possibly disgruntled members forever to change anything they've ever posted invites chaos. The UK V-Strom site I spend the second most time at allows 30 minutes to edit.

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can edit those old posts for you. send me a PM with changes and links to the posts you need changed. I think members get about a week to edit posts. Giving possibly disgruntled members forever to change anything they've ever posted invites chaos. The UK V-Strom site I spend the second most time at allows 30 minutes to edit.
Thanks greywolf
But do you realise how many photo's that would be and how many posts.

I am yet to upload everything to a new hosting site, will let you know when I have.

If Google hadn't shut down Picassa it wouldn't be an issue. :furious:

Cheers GotaV2

·
38,049 Posts
I trust you to do that level of job. I've made some changes in your profile. See if you can edit your posts now.

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I trust you to do that level of job. I've made some changes in your profile. See if you can edit your posts now.
Thanks greywolf for the trust much appreciated as it will be a big job to do.
But sorry can't see the edit button.

Cheers GotaV2

·
38,049 Posts
How would you feel about having moderator status? It can be temporary if you want.

·
Super Moderator
4,599 Posts
I'll be doing the same thing with images but I have hundreds across multiple fora.

Fortunately, I'm an Admin or Mod on a few of them.

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
How would you feel about having moderator status? It can be temporary if you want.
Hi greywolf
If that would make this easier to do then yes that would be fine as I still can't see the edit button.
I will start moving my pics to Flickr this weekend then let the fun begin.....

Cheers GotaV2

I'll be doing the same thing with images but I have hundreds across multiple fora.

Fortunately, I'm an Admin or Mod on a few of them.
Hi Ron
Yes I will have to do the same on ADVrider.
Luckily you don't loose the edit button there and I haven't posted as much.
Cheers GotaV2

·
38,049 Posts
There is a problem with the member database right now but I'll get on it when it's fixed.

·
Super Moderator
1,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No worries, I will wait to hear from you then

Cheers GotaV2

1 - 11 of 11 Posts