StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After seeing a short on a Yoshi aftermarket on the V2 and lovin the sound I was wondering weather it will need an ECU flash as is needed a lot of times with our leaned out NA setups. Will there be one available or do you have to go the whole Power Commander route?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
I suspect the new DL 1000 will come with no fueling issues at all. If they can get it as good as the DL 650 there won't be a need for reflashing or a Power Commander just to get it to run properly. Adding aftermarket pipes or other parts might make the changes helpful.

With the all new cylinder head design with dual plugs, all new throttle body/injector setup I think they can get it right this time.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
After seeing a short on a Yoshi aftermarket on the V2 and lovin the sound I was wondering weather it will need an ECU flash as is needed a lot of times with our leaned out NA setups. Will there be one available or do you have to go the whole Power Commander route?
Added a Akra exhaust to my 650, and no need to flash.

The new 1000 will be the same.:yesnod:

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Nobody knows the answer to this one yet and its a good question. From the pics I have seen the new Vee is now coming with closed loop efi. It has an oxygen sensor on the front pipe. Usually this means its set lean and should run OK, since the ECU will be getting emisions feedback like modern cars. But it also could mean reflashing and tuner usage may not be as straight forward as before.

The new Vee will be a game changer...hopefully for the better. The new EFI is a reason I am waiting for some eager beta testers to let us know how good/bad it runs. Otherwise I would already have my money on deposit.

Is the wee closed loop?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My NTX came right off the lot running poorly due to leanness. When I threw on a Mistral it got even worse. Guzzi Tech Todds reflash, PC5 and Autotune completely cured it. Of course it wasn't cheap.

·
Registered
374 Posts
The ECM will be perfect as it was on the old DL, the problem being the De Tuned L twin had superbike heads and terrible emissions when dumbed down. The New model has every improvement to rid the engine of past faults mainly its fully designed for purpose. The new 1000 comes with a lot of items sourced from the street Gixers. You will have a 32 bit computer, electronic idle (finally), ten hole injectors (Was 4), iridium plugs x 4, Suzuki's SET butterfly after the Cat converter and I think it will have two O2 sensors. All to meet emission and noise level marks set down for Euro 3 compliance. But the improvements come with downside complication. The SET valve is a poor bit of engineering and lasts about 5 years.(Google SET problems) but Kwakas, Honda and BMW have the same problems. Either the plastic gears strip or the valve corrodes, jams and wont close sending an F1 warning. The O2 sensors require replacement at 50,000 miles and cost a bit (guessing $100 each) The catalytic converter is around $800 if you crack it on a rock. So rock protection for the full underbelly is a must. But it will work as designed, stump pulling low down power, No farts and 2nd gear on demand wheelies if you like that sort of thing. It will put a smile on your dial.
Now for the other questions (Future threads to come)
1/- what tires are best
2/- Don't ask about oil outside of http://www.stromtrooper.com/maintenance-how/30068-big-oil-thread-only-oil-thread.html GW
3/- Does it run a 530 chain and if not can I convert to one
4/- what Aftermarket screen removes Buffeting
5/- can I use ordinary PULP instead of Premium
6/- Will an aftermarket exhaust improve the performance at the top end
7/- How do I turn off the ABS
8/- < fill in Blanks> :yikes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts