StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone replaced the stock organic pads with EBC Sintered? Having trouble finding them so I emailed EBC sales for info but just wondering if anyone else installed them.
Thanks guys...

·
Registered
477 Posts
I have. Felt slightly improved bite over the OEM HH pads. You want part FA229HH for one side and FA231HH for the other (for the front).

FYI, original pads aren't organic on the 2017+. They're HH sintered. If you want a significant braking improvement for not a lot of money, research the 4-pot caliper upgrade. SV Racing Parts sells the adapters for them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the great info guys. IIRC, it is the rears that are organic. FA174HH is the EBC rear upgrade as I did get a nice quick response from EBC verifying that FA229HH is the front left and RA231HH the front right.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I liked the results using the Galfer "Green" pads on my 1k & KLR650....
I agree that the HH pads are a bit much Unless you carry a heavy load or passenger a lot...

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I do occasional two-up with SWMBO and I weigh 225 with gear......does that count :) !!
Seriously, I am a "back brake user" and also just come off a BMW with power assisted brakes. They were awesome!!
So, will see how the EBC's do after I put them on this week. Looking to upgrade the front brakes completely as well but that will be a little down the road.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Back brakes....

When I said "back brake user", I meant that I use BOTH brakes when on the street, not just the fronts. Definitely both when two-up and I also will drag the rear to scrub off speed in a tightening sweeper. Former vintage road racer here......:wink2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts