StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
I don't have these exact ones, but when I bought my '05 Wee, there were mirror extenders already installed and I love 'em

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
They look identical to these:
Motorcycle Mirror Mount Extender

I have one (1) of the Fly-n-Cycle extenders because it's not all that obvious that they are sold each, and not in pairs. :furious: (Bastards. Who the hell would need just one? :confused: ) I ended up ordering a set from Richland Rick along with my new fork brace.

Anyhoo, the fleaBay examples are cheaper (under $20 shipped), and there's not a lot of stress on them, so I don't see how there'd be a problem. I say go for it.

The one difference is that the bolt that comes with the F-n-C extenders is chromed, whereas the bolt that comes with the fleaBay extenders (and the Richland Ricks) is made of InstaRust plain steel, which will look like rusty orange crap in about two days -- no one makes stainless steel bolts with the correct thread pitch. A dab of black paint should fix ya up.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
They work great. But, if they are the same ones I bought a few years ago (and they appear to be), the bolt does rust, and the black on the extenders disappears and they become more of a gold color. I'll try to post a pic in a bit.

Link to pics: Snapfish: Share:Registration

Hadn't noticed before, they're actually two different shades of gold. They actually look kinda good, just not on my grey '09 so they'll be going back over to my blue '04, having purchased a newer pair from Richland Rick for the '09 that I expect will stay black.

·
Registered
157 Posts
They work great. But, if they are the same ones I bought a few years ago (and they appear to be), the bolt does rust, and the black on the extenders disappears and they become more of a gold color. I'll try to post a pic in a bit.

Link to pics: Snapfish: Share:Registration

Hadn't noticed before, they're actually two different shades of gold. They actually look kinda good, just not on my grey '09 so they'll be going back over to my blue '04, having purchased a newer pair from Richland Rick for the '09 that I expect will stay black.
Looks like anodized aluminum, is it?

I just ordered a set for around $20 from eBay and will report back. My initial thought is to paint both, the bracket and the bolt head flat black, before they change colors or rust. Will post pics once I have these in my hands.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts