StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a set of 1" raising links off of ebay. I installed them today, and the bike sits PERFECT for me. I can just comfortably flat-foot it now without too much extra knee-bend, with these links and the 1000 seat.
I was wondering what you all think of the durability of these links. I'm concerned that they are made of 6061 aluminum, compared to the steel links I took off. Does anyone see this as a potential problem? What about 50,000 miles down the road? I plan to keep this bike for the rest of it's life.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered a set of 1" raising links off of ebay. I installed them today, and the bike sits PERFECT for me. I can just comfortably flat-foot it now without too much extra knee-bend, with these links and the 1000 seat.
I was wondering what you all think of the durability of these links. I'm concerned that they are made of 6061 aluminum, compared to the steel links I took off. Does anyone see this as a potential problem? What about 50,000 miles down the road? I plan to keep this bike for the rest of it's life.
I dont think they are made of alu. because if so, the "mounting" holes will ware out quite easy as soon as they get the tiniest bit of clearence.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've been using the same links for months now and haven't had a problem. There's a topic on the board somewhere that talks about the ups and downs of the 6061 aluminum links. The general concern was for off-road durability. They were cheap enough to see if you liked the new position, so now you know if it's worth buying the more expensive steel links.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts