StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy of mine let me borrow his Eazy Rizer Lift today to start on the maintenance that my Vee is needing. I was kind of suspicious on using the lift considering it doesn't take up that much space compaired to a regular table lift. But after seeing how easy it is to use and how much better it made the work I have to give it a two thumbs up.

Here are a few picts.

Only tools needed.

I ended up using the front wheel support considering most of the work will be towards the center and rear.

At the end of the day the Vee looked like this.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
I bought an Eazy Riser about 10 years ago, got an awesome deal $400 for the riser and all the attachments thru an employee discount at Rokon

one of my friends is a welder at Rokon, they use the EazyRizer as a manufacturing platform

you can put a bike on an eazy rizer lift it as high as it will go, and drive into it with a truck and not tip the bike & eazy riser over, you'll just push it on the floor, or, you can sit on the bike with it raised, hand yer weight off as far as you possibly can and the bike still doesn't even begin to tip or move

the Eazy Rizer is just as stable as ANY other professional bike lift

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
631 Posts
the Eazy Rizer is just as stable as ANY other professional bike lift
Sorry, I'm not drinking that Koolaid.

Easy Rizer base footprint is roughly what....2' x 2'?

Compare that to a Handy lift platform's footprint of over 5' x 2' at full height and over 6' x 2' at lower table heights.

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
Sorry, I'm not drinking that Koolaid.

Easy Rizer base footprint is roughly what....2' x 2'?

Compare that to a Handy lift platform's footprint of over 5' x 2' at full height and over 6' x 2' at lower table heights.
1.8' x 2.0'

and I still stand by my statement, I've seen its stability in action when my son's VFR was on the lift at full height and was backed into with a F250 truck, bike & eazy rizer slid along floor and did not tip

my guess that on a Handy lift, the lift would not move on the floor and both the lift and bike woulda been totaled if hit similarly

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Randy I think the small amount of movement helps it stay stable. If it was hard and would not allow any flex then the 2 foot base would allow it to tip over.

But so far Im really happy using it. Im trying to get my friend to sale me it considering he doesn't use it.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
So what supports the bike and keeps it from falling over? I can't really sort how it works from the parts pic 1 to the levitating bike later on. There is something under the wheel in some, but not in the other. Does the lift bolt to the bike?

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
So what supports the bike and keeps it from falling over? I can't really sort how it works from the parts pic 1 to the levitating bike later on. There is something under the wheel in some, but not in the other. Does the lift bolt to the bike?

the H base is what supports it the lifting shaft is offset and is operated with a screw/threaded shaft I lift mine by turning the screw with a cordless drill with a 3/4" socket, you could used a ratchet but it would take forever, lifting my V-strom takes about 15 seconds with the drill

the bike is centered dirctley over the H base

there are several methods of attaching a bike, the simplest are the wheel hoops, roll the bike on, secure the kickstand to the kickstand plate and lift

the "superbike"/multi mounts works very universally with different sportbikes bikes, there is some setup time the first time you put our bike on , I also have footpeg mounts, with the footpeg mounts, the sidestand doesn't need to be secured

beam mounds usually work best with cruisers

or you can use a combo of one wheel hoop and ount multi-mount

what type of mounts you lift with depends on your task obviously if yer changing tires you don't lift with the wheel hoops

yes, with the multi mounts, sometimes you can bolt the bike to the mount rather than rest it on the mount, the footpeg mounts secure the footpegs with a U bolt

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Smoke, this is a pict of the location that the lift uses without the wheel supports. It will rest on the rear shock perch and the front exhaust pipe. The pict with the tools plus the one below shows the part of the platform on the lift that locks down the kickstand making the bike stable. I think the lifting mech and support on the side makes a 5th point to give the H platform the stability that it needs.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Thanks, Randyo and T3/T4. Very interesting and informative.

·
Registered
323 Posts
t3,t4.... Cool I like the lift but think working on some area`s of the bike may be a pain such as rear suspension and or engine removal ....Also I have to ask WHATS WITH THE WHITE WALLS... :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
t3,t4.... Cool I like the lift but think working on some area`s of the bike may be a pain such as rear suspension and or engine removal ....Also I have to ask WHATS WITH THE WHITE WALLS... :jawdrop:
Some areas are hard to get to but most of the bike can be reached.

There isn't to much of any white walls in my garage. :mrgreen: Between a few boxed up Dodge parts space is short.

·
Registered
18 Posts
There are no white walls on the rear tire of the bike. That's just how the light hit that particular photo and made it look that way. No self-respecting Vstrommer would use White wall tires, right?. LOL. :thumbup:

·
Registered
22,310 Posts
quite simple

to work on rear suspension, lift with 1 multi mount under engine (or use kickstand mounts) and front wheel hoop

to pull engine, lift with front & rear wheel hoops

to work on fork, use rear wheel hoop and multi mount on engine

the lift is so versitile, Rokon uses it as a manufacturing platform, they built the ir bikes from the ground up on EazyRizers

·
Registered
31 Posts
While it is not as eligant as the lift in this thread, Harbor Freight sells a similar lift using a hydraulic jack. Lifts over a 1000 lbs to 30", and is about $160 with a coupon. We had a friends Harley on it all winter while we restored the motocycle, and it worked well. I now prefer this type of lift to a lift table for most work.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Here's my version of an "Easy Rizer" lift:

Ron :mrgreen:
I would really like to have a real lift myself! :thumbup:

But one will not fit inside of my garage with the limited ceiling height. :thumbdown:

With the Eazy Rizer lift I've been able to get the following maintenance items completed.

I replaced the fork oil out with Repsol Moto multi 10w/20w motorcycle fork oil. The old oil smelled like burnt Automatic Transmission fluid. No new springs just replaced the oil and after taking it for a spin around the city I’ll prob just keep it this way.

The engine oil, filter and Coolant were changed out after completing a Shelby Clutch Mod. Of the 6 pressure plate springs 5 were loose enough for me to move around with my fingers. Shims/washers were not too hard to install plus the simple welds was pretty easy to do. This mod made a huge difference!!!! :thumbup: No more chudder!!!! :hurray:

I rebuilt the clutch slave cylinder and installed a new dust boot. Hopefully the clutch fluid will stay cleaner. When I opened it up the clutch fluid looked like Carolina Red Clay had invaded! :yikes: The lift did not block any of my access to this area.

I replaced out the front and rear sprockets, chain, and rubber crush bushings in the rear wheel. I prob could have went a few more miles but with all the other work going on and the bike being apart why not. The chain was about at ¾ of its service limit.

Next was a valve adjustment. With 23,500 miles, all eight valves were at minimum clearance. One was actually past the minimum but with new bucket shims all valves are now at the max so hopefully it will be a long time before messing with the valves again. With the motor being 10 years old I installed new valve cover gaskets.

The last thing was a TBS with my TwinnMax and now all is well!

I can’t wait until the spring time for a long trip. Hopefully this year I can make the East Coast V-Strom gathering. :beatnik:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts