StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Firstly, I don't want to tow a trailer with my bike.

Anyone have any experience or anything to say about these trailers? About Easy Trailer Multifunction Trailers

I need a trailer to tow my Wee (SA to QLD)
I don't want unnecessary weight, but might have a few other items on the trailer with the bike.

They look like a good idea, but there doesn't seem to be too many reviews, videos or 3rd party accounts of this trailer.

They've been around for years apparently, but I've never seen one, nor heard anyone say anything (good or bad) about them.

Any info would be appreciated, but would prefer to hear from people who have used, seen or know someone who has used one.

Cheers

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
trailer

frame and folding look same as my 4x8 Harbor Freight trailer (they also sell smaller sizes)

I have abused the heck out of my trailer (100% overload) and its still ok but the frame is twisted

great value

·
Registered
588 Posts
I took the sides off my Home Depot $700 special and bolted a home built wheel chock to mount the bike to. Towed it 4K Km two weeks ago without any trouble at all. Worked like a charm. It's a 4' x 8'.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Is it a one way trip and are you ever going to use the trailer again?

If it's a one off a trailer hire or a bike on a truck may be a more cost effective option.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it a one way trip and are you ever going to use the trailer again?

If it's a one off a trailer hire or a bike on a truck may be a more cost effective option.
It will be a one-way trip. I'm moving to QLD in January, but I don't currently have a trailer and have wanted one for some time now.

These trailers look versatile, they're cheap and light, just haven't really heard anything good/bad about them.

For the actual trip, I'm intending to un-trailer the bike for some of the trip, and actually ride while my missus drives. Just don't want to ride the whole way, thereby saving my wife from having to drive the whole way.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
submdi,I have no experience with them but from the photo gallery on the link they look the ducks,they are not a tradesmans trailer but they look very versatile.

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Buy a second hand 8x5 cage trailer.

You can put the bike in on an angle and tie it down no problems.

It will also have enough room to chuck some of the extra stuff the movers won't/can't carry [fuel containers/gas bottles etc.].

An 8x5 is easier to back than a 6x4 and the cage makes it easy to see in the mirrors as well [your Mrs. will manage it easily].

Once you get to Qld. you will find the 8x5 with cage is far more versatile than other sizes.

[I used to work for a trailer hire company with over 3000 trailers, the most popular one hired was the 8x5 cage].

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Road less travelled?
Er... try Windsor Ock! Did Belinda forget to pin your name and address on your jacket?
Wardy
:green_lol::green_lol::green_lol:
:thumbup: Thanks Brian, I will try to get lost again soon.

Submidi,
Easy to use a bit of channel like Fyrman did if you feel the need to keep the bike centred on the trailer, front wheel in one corner does the job too though.

FYI, it would be cheaper to buy and re-sell the trailer rather than do a one way hire [if you decide you don't really need a trailer once you get there].

Or you could just pay me to ride your bike up there for you. :fineprint: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Dam you Ock,I was going to PM Submdi and suggest I have 37 years of long service sitting in the bank and I would ride his beloved up to the land of the cane toad--a trip I have on the lay awake plan any how.:thumbup:

·
Registered
588 Posts
Easy to use a bit of channel like Fyrman did if you feel the need to keep the bike centred on the trailer, front wheel in one corner does the job too though.
I built the wheel chock so I could remove the sides to cut down on some of the weight. The four sides could be as much as 100lbs while the aluminum chock is less that 10. Hauling with a minivan means you make allowances where you can. ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts