StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting closer to buying an 06-07 wee and am starting to think about bags. Is it easy to mount a top case? Do you just bolt on a plate without any nasty drilling involved? I'm thinking about getting one E360 for the first year as a topper, and then another to use as a pair of side cases when needed.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I am getting closer to buying an 06-07 wee and am starting to think about bags. Is it easy to mount a top case? Do you just bolt on a plate without any nasty drilling involved? I'm thinking about getting one E360 for the first year as a topper, and then another to use as a pair of side cases when needed.
On a scale of 1-10. It's the same number as an oil change or engine guard attachments. I can't give you an exact number because some people can't change oil or know the difference between a Crescent wrench or Hex wrench. That would make top case attachments an 11.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
rack

removeing the rack , then adding the topcase mount to the rack while its off the bike makes the easy job easyer

·
Registered
360 Posts
I mounted a case on my 04 years ago--best improvement there is. You need the mounting plate (monokey). I mounted one of the brackets in reverse of what the directions said to do. This mounts the case about 1-1/2 inches further back--the extra space is most welcome. Most people could do it an hour without having done it before. The only tools needed are wrenches.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
E52 Givi + amoto mounting plate = about as easy as it gets.

PS: If you have a choice, don't bother with Givi taillights and start saving for an admore lighting unit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
The top case is very easy and quick to mount. The bags are a bit of a pain in the ass, but not terribly complicated.

Get a magnetic parts retriever to hold the nuts. Take a look at this tutorial I made for the bags and the case.

http://theposer.com/

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks a lot for the images. I think I would let my local shop do the side bags. They are a true Givi distributor here in Ontario. You've got the 'nice bags' too, I'm not sure I'll pony up for those babies just yet. On another note, my annual summer trip to NH is coming up third week of June. We always stay a couple of nights at Eagle Mountain up in Jackson and then head to Boothbay ME to enjoy the ocean. Looking forward to heading up Mt Washington, it was cloudy the last two miles driving up last year.

·
Premium Member
1,003 Posts
Thanks a lot for the images. I think I would let my local shop do the side bags. They are a true Givi distributor here in Ontario. You've got the 'nice bags' too, I'm not sure I'll pony up for those babies just yet. On another note, my annual summer trip to NH is coming up third week of June. We always stay a couple of nights at Eagle Mountain up in Jackson and then head to Boothbay ME to enjoy the ocean. Looking forward to heading up Mt Washington, it was cloudy the last two miles driving up last year.
The side bag bracket is easy, the top case adaptor is not so easy; it helps to be a five handed woman with extensive knitting, needlework and loom experience (long skinny fingers are a plus). The average dumb ass can fumble through with Givi's well thought out and extremely detailed instructions ( duh, yeah) and get everything just right in an hour or so. BTW, the choice to use bags of the same size for either a trunk or saddlebags is a move that I did not make but do encourage. If they'll install the brackets for free or cheap, hell, let 'em.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts