StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone in the Eastern Ontario region interested in a group ride. I'm thinking of riders between The Kingston area and the Peterborough to GTA area. I know there is a group north of the GTA that gets together frequently, but I was thinking that maybe we can get riders from a few areas together for a day of excitement. I'm north of Belleville about 15 minutes from HWY 7. I was thinking that we could hook up the middle and spend a day on the back roads. I'm open to ideas and suggestions.

Thanks

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds fun. Post some dates and any pertinent info we need.
This is exploratory only at this point. I am hoping that if enough people are interested we can discuss it and choose a date and place that works for everyone. I'm open to any suggestions concerning places and times. Ideas anyone??

SS

·
Administrator
13,204 Posts
I was at Calabogie yesterday with work (unfortunately not on the Strom but took a Porsche Cayman S so it wasn't that bad;) .. I went the night before to my mom's near Wilberforce the night before and yesterday morning headed from there to Calabogie. Went on 28 to 41. 41 to Griffith, Matawatchen rd to Centennial Lake road to Calabogie Road. Reversed the route home last night.

All were great roads with some rough stuff that doesn't bother Stroms, Centennial Lake Road in particular stands out except for a little section of construction that was sand and some re-hardtoppng that was going on.

It looks like there are a ton of really great roads up in that neck of the woods.

..Tom

ps: I suggest you set up a date that you want to go for a ride, and make sure at least one friend can go with you. You might be surprised at how many people come! If you start asking everyone what date is best you will never get a date that works for everyone.

This is exploratory only at this point. I am hoping that if enough people are interested we can discuss it and choose a date and place that works for everyone. I'm open to any suggestions concerning places and times. Ideas anyone??

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I see your point V-Tom.

Well, how about Saturday Sept. 15th? Any Eastern Ontario strommers want to put on a few kms?

SS

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is this a one or two day ride?
Just the one day would probably work best for most people. I am just suggesting a date for a strom get together/ride if anyone is interested. I'm thinking a day burning up some back country roads sounds like fun. :)

SS

·
Registered
36 Posts
me too

i'm in . fall is a good to time to ride .
what about a run to new york state.

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i'm in . fall is a good to time to ride .
what about a run to new york state.
Hi Mike. You're right, it is a good time to ride. I was hoping to stay in the Eastern Ontario area and avoid the crossing the borden crap. So you can make it on the 15th? I wonder if mags and forseti would be interested?

SS

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hey there,
Not sure about that weekend yet....depends on the munchkin situation and how long of a ride you'll be planning. We'll keep you posted :). Missed you guys on the winery ride ;).

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey there,
Not sure about that weekend yet....depends on the munchkin situation and how long of a ride you'll be planning. We'll keep you posted :). Missed you guys on the winery ride ;).
Hey Mags. Dates are flexible on the ride. PM sent regarding missed wine tour:(

SS

·
Registered
235 Posts
Crap, gotta work the 15th. Have a bunch of great roads in that area I would love to share with other Strommers.
Gerhard

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Crap, gotta work the 15th. Have a bunch of great roads in that area I would love to share with other Strommers.
Gerhard
It looks like I may also have a problem riding that day. I found out yesterday that I may have unexpected guests coming the night of the 14th. So much for plans. Anyway, If you're interested in riding down this way some time just let me know. Maybe we could meet around Kaladar.

SS

1 - 13 of 13 Posts