StromTrooper banner

Eastern Gathering and Wheels Through Time Museum

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  mark444 
#1 · (Edited)
The regulars at the eastern gathering highly recommended the Wheels through Time museum so I checked it out last year. Wow, just wow!

I've been to a bunch of motorcycle museum's all over the country but this one is different. If you are at all interested in the history of the early days of motorcycling you will love their hands on approach to showing the bikes. They have plenty of videos on YouTube to stoke your interest before you get there.

Highly recommended.

#6 · (Edited)
When I visited years ago, Dale Walkster (founder) was riding one of his rehabbed, very early 1900's bikes along the very long/straight front aisle of the museum, leaving black marks everywhere. That place was his passion and life's work!!!
Motor vehicle Automotive design Microphone Automotive tire Automotive exterior

RIP Dale

Reactions: happy hooker
#7 ·
This is the first and only MC museum that I have visited. While I ride, I am not really into vintage bikes... But, this place was amazing. Such a great job with restorations and unique bikes, but what really kept my attention was all of the stories behind several of the bikes and about riders. Amazing. I will go again next time I'm in the area.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Sent from my Tab 11 using Tapatalk

#8 ·
Just found this thread, sorry I missed it and not chimed in earlier than now.
I have been 3-4 times to the Museum........all during the previous Vstrom Rallies. The museum is like stepping back in time.........NOT pristinely restored examples, but what you might find riding the dirt roads back in the 1920's-30's-40's. Some ARE fully restored, but many are not.......but will start within 1 hr's time if need be (for a demostration). It's not just motobikes either....there are rare cars, farm implements (some using early H-D engines), snow machines, etc........it will blow your mind just "discovering what use to be" 100 years ago.
Back in 2018 (see more pics at www.easternvstromrally.com), Dale allowed us to use his outdoor pavillion to cook hot dogs and eat lunch out there. We invited the Staff to share the dogs, and two of "Wall of Death" riders also ate with us (see pics). They happened to be setting up at the museum for a show, and allowed us a FREE viewing of the insane riding they do inside that Bowl.
All this to say: if you are coming to the rally from far away, DON'T miss this museum tour.......!!!! Maggie Valley has places to eat lunch and is a "busy little town" during the Spring and Summer.

Table Plant Tableware Furniture Chair

Food Hat T-shirt Outdoor grill rack & topper Cooking

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.