StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've successfully installed the EB PC-8 on my 2017 DL650 XT. The one device I added was my grip warmers and I did that while doing the installation. At that time the main fuse(s) between the battery and the PC-8, per the instructions, were not installed. That actually made sense; but, brings up this question. When adding additional devices/wiring to the PC-8, is it necessary to remove the main fuses between the battery and the PC-8?

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Well, if you pull the in-line fuse between the battery and the PC-8, then there's no power in the fusebox. You remove the risk of shorting something by inadvertently touching something with a tool that you shouldn't have touched when you're connecting it to the PC-8. Could be especially important if you're installing some type of electronic device. I wouldn't say it's necessary; just an added precaution.

·
Premium Member
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks RC, I speculated as much. Having the fuse out while flinging around all of the wires to connect the PC-8 actually made perfect sense as does your provided information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts