StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took advantage of a beautiful Sunday in Seattle to install my new Eastern Beaver PC-8. Got it all done up to the point where I needed to hook the relay wire into the brake lamp wire using the included connectors. The problem is that I can't find the brake light connector for the life of me. Eastern Beaver has a photo of a connector which he says is near the rear gas tank mounting bracket, but I think his bracket looks different than mine, so I'm not sure I'm looking in the right place. I did see a connector the color that matches the ones on the PC-8 wire, and maybe the correct shape, buried under the tank between cable bundles and hoses. Am I looking in the right place?

It's really difficult to know where to look. Wires go in and out of taped-up bundles, so it's impossible to trace circuits from one end of the frame to the other.

I have a 2013 DL650A.

(PS: I went to go for a ride after I put everything back together, and when I turned the key, no fuel pump! No start! Just check engine light. I got really scared, and checked all of my wiring connections again, but all was fine. Then I realized that I still had the kickstand down.)

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
It has been about 7 years since I did what you are doing on my 2012 DL650.

I don't recall for sure but think it might be tucked under the bracket where the rear gas tank bolt goes or a bit further back on the right side beside the battery area.

It's there somewhere just need to look harder.

..Tom

·
Registered
106 Posts
I found mine before I bought my PC8 when I was checking the valve clearance. Mine was tucked in under the coolant overflow tank so to get at it later all I needed to do was lift the tank and remove the overflow tank. I wish I took a couple of pictures since they would have helped a few folks on here.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts