StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recieved a PC8 from eastern Beaver. The install instructions are not clear in one area. Can some one help me out please.

I bought the plug and play V-strom kit. The instructions say to plug it into the brake light connector and show a picture of it under the rear of the tank.

I have a 2008 ABS model. I am thinking that the brake light connector must be somewhere else on the ABS model as I can not seem to locate it.

So, the question is: Where is the brake light connector on a 2008 ABS?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I just recieved a PC8 from eastern Beaver. The install instructions are not clear in one area. Can some one help me out please.

I bought the plug and play V-strom kit. The instructions say to plug it into the brake light connector and show a picture of it under the rear of the tank.

I have a 2008 ABS model. I am thinking that the brake light connector must be somewhere else on the ABS model as I can not seem to locate it.

The good news is, the EB harnesses will work in only one place as far as I can tell. I found my connections using a flashlight - beneath the fuel tank as advertised. It's a narrow connector that is more square in cross section than rectangular. I could've used the hands of a 6-year old in disconnecting the OEM setup and connecting the EB harness.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
It's under the coolant reservoir.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Trace the wires up from the brake switch connector down near the brake pedal and you'll find a zip tied set of wires under the coolant bottle. You can get at them from the right hand side of the bike; cut the zip tie to free up the bundle and you can fish the connector out from the left hand side of the bike. I had installed Rick's footpeg lowering kit and had already cut the tie, so it was easier when I put the EB in.

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
its a lot easier to see once u take the tank off and dismount the rear tank support bracket and coolant bottle - its underneath there in a cable tie.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Super forum here! Thanks for the replies. I don't mind digging in a little deeper now that I know I WILL find it! I just hate taking stuff apart and then finding out I did not have too. Off with the plastic tomorrow!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
705 Posts
It's a narrow connector that is more square in cross section than rectangular. I could've used the hands of a 6-year old in disconnecting the OEM setup and connecting the EB harness.
The EB connector fits the "more square than rectangular" connector perfectly, so once you're in the general area, looking for a white connector that the plug and play will fit is a good start...and I think it's the only one.

+1 on the hands of a 6-year old. This stuff was designed by the same guy who designs the mini blinds my wife loves to buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts