StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which kit do I want for my 2012 DL650?

I'd like to retain full functionality of everything and have it plug and play without splicing (if possible).

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
The dual relay kit was the one I bought for my 2012 back when I had it. This didn't have any of the headlight cutout or low beam switching features. The coupler option would have been "H4 coupler to plug into old H4 socket". Under "main leads connection", I chose "bare wire ends-fuse panel connects" because I had a PC-8 fuse box installed. If you don't have a fusebox and are wiring it directly to the battery, choose that option. You don't have to splice anything on this H4 relay kit.

Back when I installed mine, I had some questions so I posted on here. The thread might be helpful to you, so here's a link: https://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650a-2012-2016/176922-need-help-eastern-beaver-h4-installation.html

·
Super Moderator
16,237 Posts
Yup what RC mentioned and is the EXCELLENT plug and play kit I have.......just do it. :)

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks guys I'll go with the H4 dual headlight relay kit with the bare wire connections since I don't have an upgraded fusebox.

·
Registered
4,862 Posts
The bare wires are for if you do have an auxiliary fuse box, like a PC-8, Blue Sea, Centech, etc. You need the bare wires to insert them into the fusebox terminal connectors. If you aren't using an auxiliary fuse box and are going to wire directly to the battery, get the kit for that; the wires have ring connectors for a battery hookup that makes things easier.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The bare wires are for if you do have an auxiliary fuse box, like a PC-8, Blue Sea, Centech, etc. You need the bare wires to insert them into the fusebox terminal connectors. If you aren't using an auxiliary fuse box and are going to wire directly to the battery, get the kit for that; the wires have ring connectors for a battery hookup that makes things easier.
Thanks for the clarification H4 coupler & with fuseholder battery connect.

Will I need to remove the gas tank?

·
Premium Member
3,454 Posts
Order an extra relay while you are at it. I had one of EB's relays fail at night and 60 miles from home. When I contacted EB said it's very rare.....I always seem lucky that way:| I carry a spare now....for the last 5 years.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Order an extra relay while you are at it. I had one of EB's relays fail at night and 60 miles from home. When I contacted EB said it's very rare.....I always seem lucky that way:| I carry a spare now....for the last 5 years.
Do I get those from EB?

·
Farkle Purchasing System
1,617 Posts
The relay itself? Easy to swap out? I guess it would be - IIRC the relay actually just plugs into the rest of the harness.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts