StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone get out for a ride on the long weekend? Because of my wife's work schedule today was the only day I could get out. Did a nice 500km loop, my buddy with his Ninja 500 came along as well!

Stopped in cambellford for some Cheese at Empire, best curd I've ever had!

Stopped in Madoc at "Ace's" for pizza for lunch.. wasn't very good but it was 5 bucks with a drink lol. Then went to the hidden goldmine bakery for some butter tarts (VERY good).

Then we headed up north to 7 and headed east.

On the way back I went on the 401 for the first time, wasn't really anything to it.. not sure why I was worried about it lol.

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
Did the county today. Trenton to Picton, Lake on The Mountain loop, Rednersville home.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what's this lake on the mountain loop? I have not been on the roads your way much.

·
Registered
198 Posts
what's this lake on the mountain loop? I have not been on the roads your way much.
Lake on the mountain is located at the extreme east end of Prince Edward County, near the ferry terminal. Once in Picton, it's possible to go do a small loop back to Picton along the Lake. The road is nice and twisty, but in relatively poor condition. Here is a map of the route. It's less than 200km.

Today I went to McDonald's Corner, near Perth, to visit friends. There are some great roads there too. That ride involved a couple km of gravel, which I enjoy a lot. Great couple of days!

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
If I remember correctly from few years ago ride, is't it on the East end of PEC?
Ouch! Yes, you are correct! I got my compass turned around I guess. I'll amend the original post.

Thanks!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Anyone get out for a ride on the long weekend?
You are asking about a ride on the long weekend, not a long ride on the weekend; so here is mine.

I took the bike out yesterday for a ride to the coin-op car wash. Put $7 in the machine and sprayed the bike. Came back home. Total of maybe 20 Kms. (the closer car wash is closed for renovations). An enjoyable outing, did not bother wearing the electrically heated jacket liner, and I was fine for the whole ride. I did not even take along the usual waterproof travel bag with a set of dry clothing, extra sweater, bug spray, sun screen, spare gloves, face-shield anti-fog spray, baseball cap, eyeglass cleaner, toiletry items.

At the car wash, I did get rebuffed by four sports bike riders who pretended I wasn't even there. I'm just not cool enough, or maybe 45 years too old? Or maybe it's the bike? In any case, the four little snits didn't even offer me a hit on the joint they were passing around. Oh, well.

I realized I need to lubricate my shifter and side stand pivots (and why not the rear brake and hand levers at the same time) and adjust the clutch - usually a twice-a-year bit of maintenance. Yep, good little ride. Taking longer in the telling than in the doing, damn near.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts