StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I absolutely know know nothing about earphones other then the cheap pair I am using right now plugged into my laptop, which seem fine except they will not fit under my helmet. I recently purchased a gps and am really excited about listening to something other then sound of brain rattling while on long rides. In doing some searches on the net I've seen prices ranging $500 and up. Also down as low as $49 so what are you guys using? Is it possible to find a decent pair without putting my marriage in jeopardy?
Thanks

·
Registered
264 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
See the thread about the SkullCandy earbuds. Only $15 at Target and some say better than expensive ones. I have not tried yet but am planning on doing so next time I am across the border.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Skullcandy Ink'd ear buds have gotten a lot of attention recently as they have the outside noise sealing ability and quality of sound rivaling buds costing 10 times as much. They can be found for $10-$15 at Target, Costco and Circuit City as a few examples.

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The ER6i's look really nice but at the price of the Skullcandy's I'll try those first. I think its cool when someone comes up with a great product where you aren't paying for the brand name. Thanks for the response everyone.

·
0 Posts
Also, if you want more opinions, do a search in the "equipment" section of ADVRider.com. Search for earphones.

Not a single negative remark can be found in regards to the ER6i's.

The Skullcandies may be very nice earphones, but I don't think you can go wrong with the ER6i's.

I subscribe to the belief of buying something ONE time, maybe paying more in the beginning, but definitely ending up cheaper than buying something twice. If that makes sense.

Please post a report of the Skullcandies if you get them!!!

BTD.

·
Registered
981 Posts

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Please post a report of the Skullcandies if you get them!!!
I got them. I like them a lot. They sit farther in my ears than my $100+ IE-10s and I can wear them all day.

·
0 Posts
I don't know how the IE-10's are, but the end of the ER6i's sit flush with the end of my ears, are very comfortable, and are not bothered by putting on my helmet. Taking my helmet off, they do "break there seal" with my ears...but they don't come out of my ears. The ER6i's come with three different "ear fiitings", and you choose which ones fit your ears the best.

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Staples down the road carries the Skullcandys

"That was easy"

I figure for $15 what the hell, if I don't like them for some reason I look at the ER6i's. I like to start out cheap, although that usually backfires on me.

·
0 Posts
One last thing I'll add, and completely contradict myself....

If there ever was one person I'd take a recommendation from, it's Greywolf, so I'd be willing to bet the Skullcandys are probably very nice!!!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I went straight to the top and got the ER6i I have not been disapointed until someone decided they wanted them more than me and I had to buy them twice.

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Skullcandy

Picked up a pair yesterday and tried them on in the house. First thing I noticed is well they fit and how much noise they blocked out without even having a helmet on. So then I put the helmet on and they are great, don't even feel them in my ear. Plugged them into the gps and the sound was great. My Ram Mount won't be here until Monday (ordered 4/1 and was back ordered) so I can't say how they are going to do on the bike yet but I'm pretty optimistic.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Skullcandy Ink'd ear buds have gotten a lot of attention recently as they have the outside noise sealing ability and quality of sound rivaling buds costing 10 times as much. They can be found for $10-$15 at Target, Costco and Circuit City as a few examples.
Excellent product for the money.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Having not known about the skullcandy's, I bought some of these http://www.cyclegadgets.com/Products/product.asp?Item=SPLUG. They are pretty dang good. Sound quality is good, and they never unseal in my ear like my Shure E2C's used to. A lot of $$, but a buddy recommended them, and I bought them on the spot. Try the skullcandy first. I may go buy some as a matter of fact.

·
Stromtrooper $upporter
555 Posts
+1 on the Skullcandy. I picked up a set about 3 weeks ago at Target. Am very happy with the sound and the db reduction when wearing them.

·
Registered
31 Posts
My helmet is tight on my ears due to the padding or a big head...

I tried to remove padding, but no joy. Couldn't pull the stuff where it was needed. It is also tight sliding on which tends to relocate or pull most plugs out. I have tried almost every style of earphone under $50.

I just found the best pair so far. They seem to be the smallest on the market. They are Creative EP-640 Noise-Isolation Earphones. The are very small in ear units and everything but the speaker is soft so there is no pressure anywhere around the ear. I love them so far. Great sound. They were about $50 at Circuit City. I am going to put on about 400 miles tomorrow. I'll post when I get back. I'm lovin' life now!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts