StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am electonically challenged for the most part. I sure don't keep up with the latest trends.......so I thought some of you e-wizards could point me in the right direction.

I just installed a GPS (Streetpilot) and use a pair of old earphones plugged into the MC wire jack on the GPS.

Problem - My earphones don't work well in the helmet - (Phillips sound deadening - I think they cost about $20) they tend to fall or get pulled out of my ears very easily.

I would like something a bit more ear-pluggish, tighter fitting, not too expensive (I saw some for about $100 that seems like overkill), because I am primarily concerned with the GPS voice prompts and keeping the riding noise levels down. I could do with a single earphone and one earplug for that matter, although I may listen to an I-pod someday. ;)

Ideally wireless (but that probably will negate the inexpensive part) because I hate being plugged into the bike, and having the earphone wires whipping around in the wind or pulling when I go back to ride the pillion.

Any ideas welcome,

TIA,

·
Registered
981 Posts
I've battled long and hard trying to find a solution to this problem. I went through two types of helmet speakers, various earbuds (Koss included), and expensive rock star ear monitors. The best thing that works with a full-face helmet is this: http://www.target.com/White-Premium-Sound-Style-Headphones/dp/B000779RZU/sr=1-1/qid=1196296257/ref=sr_1_1/601-5538589-8136964?ie=UTF8&index=target&rh=k:sony ear buds&page=1
There's no snagging putting on or taking off your helmet, so there's basically no wear or pinching the wires near the ear piece...which is the most common point where earbuds like to break.

The only negative is that the cord is too short...spend a couple extra bucks for a 3' extension. I was plugging directly into my Sirius and when I dropped the bike, it ripped the plugs right out of the radio. If I had the extension, it wouldn't have been a problem.

·
Premium Member
173 Posts
Bluetooth ?

Allow me to revive that thread with some more questions.

What about bluetooth ?
I hate cables and wires ... I go mobile/wireless as much as I can.

I was using a Cardo Scalarider and was very pleased with it until the battery died 2 days ago :(
It is not 1 year old yet so I am going to bring it back for warrenty although I am considering a stereo system for better MP3 sound.

Any idea out there?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts