StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Givi site gives 22" x 16.3" x 10.8". No reference as to inside or outside dimensions. My HJC helmet is 10 3/8" tall, any ideas as to would it fit?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It isn't so much the height as the depth that prevents a helmet from fitting. The E36 won't make it. It takes an E45 for that style bag to fit a helmet with the possible exception of a small open face one.

·
Premium Member
1,586 Posts
Well, that's just plain weird, then, because my Shoei RF1000, size large, full-bucket fits inside my E36N cases with a little rattle room. Near as I can measure the inside of the case is 10" front-to-back. The inside half is 5 1/2 inches and the outside half (lid) is a hair under 5 inches and there's about 1/4 inch overlap at the edges. The Givi catalogue does not show these cases as being able to take a helmet. Guess I must live in an alterante universe.:confused:

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry, Greywolf,

I needed to specify that I'd be installing it as a top box - hence the 'height' reference. Everyone has there own reference system, eh?

Pirate650, My noggin must be large, or oddly shaped, because I'm forced to use an XL. It's (the helmet, not my head ;)) 10 3/8" tall and 10 1/4" wide (measured on a flat surface with the use of a builder's bubble level and a tape measure). I guess I won't be getting the E36, then :sad1:

Thanks for the quick replies. For my first piece of real luggage, then, I guess I'll talk to Murph about a Shad 42L, unless something else pops up on Ebay or this site. The 'Cruiserbackrest' Ebay seller must be out of stock on the large Bestem case, because I haven't seen them in a few days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts