StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this combo? I'm thinking this could be the way to go as far as achieving the best possible map for power and fuel economy. The two can be bought for less than $500 and just a couple of dollars more to buy a bung and weld it into the exhaust.

·
Registered
32 Posts
no takers eh?

I was thinking the same thing but have yet to find any feedback. I have the III w/USB but I think you can get an adaptor harness that allows use of the autotune module linked through the LCD display module. A bit pricey for all the parts but does sound tempting. Just hate to be the "Guinea Pig"...

·
Registered
11 Posts
So.....has anyone tried this yet?
Mag

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have not troed one, but several FZ1 owners have. None were happy and either returned it or just removed it. IIRC, the 02 sensor used is not the proper type for the application, wideband vs narrow band or something like that. How it works for Suzuki vs Yamaha, I don't know.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why?

The DL1000 ECU can be reprogramed using a Yosh Box or a Teka Box, there's really no need to spend $500 to correct what basically is a low range lean condition. Find a dealer or a friend that has one of these boxes and pay him to correct the problem. I used a Yosh box to fatten up my low end and it turned a foul running bike into one of the best bikes I've ever owned.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I now have a Yosh box and reprogrammed the low-speed injector tune on my bike. It made for a world of difference in how my bike runs.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
How much money are you spending to save money on gas? Will you ever make that much back? Spend all you want for better operation, but sharpen your pencil on what you spend to save.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yosh Box

I did a quick look-up on the Yosh box. How difficult is it to use? How do you know haw far to adjust? You aren't putting the bike on a dyno, are you? Is it just "seat of the pants" feel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts