StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gents,

Does anyone have long term experience with any of the Admore LED products?

I ordered a light kit for my Givi E52 top box this spring and it has quit working (for no apparent reason). A bunch of back and forth has already taken place with Admore, and with the help of my multimeter, I think I've nailed down the problem to an issue in the part of the harness that steps the voltage down to the proper levels to illuminate the LEDs in the topbox.

Although I loved the product (when it was working), I am worried about its long term prospects. Given the cost (my kit was $220+ Canadian), I expected at least a few trouble-free years.

I have been instructed to send the offending harness back to Admore, where, upon receipt, they will examine and decide whether they will replace under warranty, if they don't determine that I caused the issue (somehow). I'm a little bummed that it'll likely end up being at least a couple more weeks or so before I get my enhanced rear visibility back, but we'll see what happens.

Any other Admore experiences out there/long term reports?

Thanks

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Well mine is about 20 months old and still working on a Givi V47. I have the full tail light set. I take it you are past the 12 month warranty? I would call them anyways.

Customer Service

Toll Free: 1-877-564-8100

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
Givi E-52

I'll be watching this thread as I just put one on my Givi E-52. If you haven't sent it in yet, you might check the fuse/connections, and terminal block to see if everything is where/how it is supposed to be.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, thanks, I already tested the voltage of each connector at every joint. Looks like the harness, the flat vinyl wrapped area between the distribution block and the connector that goes into the topbox, is the culprit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had an admore light kit for my Givi top box, sorry can't remember which one, but it worked for 5 years just fine. I sold the bike so I don't know if it is still working. I have the light bar on my Glee and it's been working fine for 12 months now. I ride all year too.

·
Registered
241 Posts
After installing a 'double' kit in my V47 (top & bottom positions) I can say they have good warranty & most helpful customer support for the 1st year... under warranty.
They replaced the std. kit lights 2 times & the 'controller' 1 time.
The 'lid' mounted lights don't tolerate dampness at all well.
2nd Controller is doing fine also mounted under the seat... so far.
The 3rd set of lid mounted lights went bad 3 mos ago, the non std.'kit' lights supplied are still working just fine.
NOT the results I expected for the cash outlay.:crying2:
I have other options I am checking out...

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I have used their products without issue in the past though I did have a light bar that had some non-working leds. A photo of the problem and a new one was on the way. My opinion is they are a first rate outfit. Good luck.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
After installing a 'double' kit in my V47 (top & bottom positions) I can say they have good warranty & most helpful customer support for the 1st year... under warranty.
They replaced the std. kit lights 2 times & the 'controller' 1 time.
The 'lid' mounted lights don't tolerate dampness at all well.
2nd Controller is doing fine also mounted under the seat... so far.
The 3rd set of lid mounted lights went bad 3 mos ago, the non std.'kit' lights supplied are still working just fine.
NOT the results I expected for the cash outlay.:crying2:
I have other options I am checking out...
Wow, that's rough. Thanks for contributing and I hope you have better luck in the future.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have used their products without issue in the past though I did have a light bar that had some non-working leds. A photo of the problem and a new one was on the way. My opinion is they are a first rate outfit. Good luck.
Yeah, after all the communicating I did with them to figure out the likely problem, including taking and sending pics, I expected them to send me a new harness without making me mail anything to them (considering the time and hassle involved).

Unfortunately that wasn't the case. Anyway, I'll update when I hear from them.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
several years in my case

several years in my case
(no pun intended)

still works great - no issues

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello gents,

Does anyone have long term experience with any of the Admore LED products?

I ordered a light kit for my Givi E52 top box this spring and it has quit working (for no apparent reason). A bunch of back and forth has already taken place with Admore, and with the help of my multimeter, I think I've nailed down the problem to an issue in the part of the harness that steps the voltage down to the proper levels to illuminate the LEDs in the topbox.

Although I loved the product (when it was working), I am worried about its long term prospects. Given the cost (my kit was $220+ Canadian), I expected at least a few trouble-free years.

I have been instructed to send the offending harness back to Admore, where, upon receipt, they will examine and decide whether they will replace under warranty, if they don't determine that I caused the issue (somehow). I'm a little bummed that it'll likely end up being at least a couple more weeks or so before I get my enhanced rear visibility back, but we'll see what happens.

Any other Admore experiences out there/long term reports?

Thanks
Hello, this is Dave from AdMore Lighting. First of all, we’d like to thank the V-Strom community including many on this forum for your support over the 10 years that we have been in business. We have a very loyal V-Strom following for which we are grateful. We have many returning customers (some who have been riding with our kits installed for nearly 10 years!) who buy new light kits from us as they upgrade their luggage and/or purchase an additional bike or trade-in their old one.

We also take pride in knowing that our light kits make V-Strom owners (and all motorcyclists) safer on the road (we have actually had law enforcement officers tell us this!).

We strive to manufacture the highest quality and most durable products possible. Having said this, we are not perfect – far from it in fact! Like so many other companies (think of all the car companies, smart phone companies, health care manufacturers, etc.) we sometimes have manufacturing defects or parts that don’t last as long as they should.

We are different from so many other companies in that we have never had to issue a major recall. We are also different in the way that we deal with our customers. All of our products come with a 1 year warranty. Notwithstanding, we often look after customers long after the warranty period has expired depending on the circumstance. We also offer a service not offered by most other companies that allows our customers to obtain a replacement part before returning the defective part by paying a deposit which expedites the warranty process.

We run our business and treat our customers the way we want to be treated – with fairness and respect. We know that our business depends on one thing and one thing only – the satisfaction of our customers. Without satisfied customers we have nothing and we keep this mind every day.

Regarding forum member “Thighrod”, we have already been in communication with him and we have committed to ensuring that his light kit is operating as it should.

We thank all of you for your patronage over the years and we look forward to continuing to serve the V-Strom community in the future and to doing whatever we can to ensure your safety on the road.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,226 Posts
The only issue I had was the LED lights peeling away over time. I've heard of similar reports so some folks are dabbing silicon adhesive on the strips to hold them in place. I just installed my kit on my Givi V46 today and I epoxied the connectors together because it will be permanent unless it fails. I also use dielectric grease on the connections to keep them from corroding if they get damp. I wish the strips flexed to curve with the shape of the reflectors, but PCB's don't do that :)

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
As promised, here's my update:

As per Admore's instructions, on September 14th, I mailed my harness from home in PEI to Admore in Alberta.

The replacement harness they sent me arrived at my post office on Oct 4th or 5th (I last checked the mail on the 3rd).

The testing they had asked me to do when I initially contacted them made them suspect that the harness was at fault, and upon reinstalling the new harness today, their findings were confirmed. It works! Let there be light!

So although it took a fair amount of time to get things sorted out, Admore did come through in the end.

In the final analysis, I continue to recommend this product to anyone. It provides that extra degree of visibility that most bikes are sorely lacking from the rear. I can tell you that I was uneasy, having to commute without it for the weeks it took to sort this out.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts