StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where a Canuck can buy this stuff here in the mother land?

I am actually very happy with my Maxima chain wax, but have heard good things about this Dupont stuff too.

Cheers!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Super Lube Multi Purpose Synthetic Lube

I contacted DuPont last year and was advised they have no Canadian dealers. I have been using Super Lube Multi Purpose Synthetic Lube (with Teflon) which seams to be similar to the DuPont Teflon Multi Lube. I get it at Mountain Equipment Co-op for $9 a can and they will ship it within Canada. I started using it on my mountain bike chain and then decided to use it on the Vstrom. I have been using it for about 6000 km and it seams to work well. Spray it on, let it dry. The chain stays quite clean using this product, it does not pick up dirt. The link for the product is: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT<>prd_id=845524442620453&FOLDER<>folder_id=2534374302883730&bmUID=1214936358020

Cheers

Mark

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Don't think it's in Canada yet rcacs. You'll have to duck across the border. I get mine in Sumas / Lynden, Wash.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is sold a Lowes here in Ont.
I think the only Lowes stores in Canada are in Ontario.

Darn, was just down in the States too.

O well.

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't think it's in Canada yet rcacs. You'll have to duck across the border. I get mine in Sumas / Lynden, Wash.
WTY - where did you get it in Lynden? I was in Wash. last week and checked 2 Walmart's and couldn't find the Dupont Lube. I did pick up a Fram ph6018 for $3 though (local dealer wants $17 for an oil filter).

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
WTY - where did you get it in Lynden? I was in Wash. last week and checked 2 Walmart's and couldn't find the Dupont Lube. I did pick up a Fram ph6018 for $3 though (local dealer wants $17 for an oil filter).
Ace Hardware in Lynden.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Ace and Lowe's are the only places I've seen it.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I rarely, almost never go to the US (even though I am only 20km north of the line). But did go down to Grand Forks, ND the other day and stopped in at a Lowes. I scored a couple o cans of the Dupont lube. I think I paid less than 4 clams for each.

Will see if it is any better than the Max Chain Wax I have been faithfully using (very happy with it).

The initial reason for the ride down yonder was to look at riding jackets for my wife. Geez, who'da thunk the Americans take the whole dang weekend off to celebrate July 1st...doh!....no shops open... ;)

Cheers!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts