StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has put one of these on a vee. Most of what I'm finding about these and similar horns are on wees. I've got an 04' dl1000. So any links, pics, tips or tricks would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Just wondering if anyone has put one of these on a vee. Most of what I'm finding about these and similar horns are on wees. I've got an 04' dl1000. So any links, pics, tips or tricks would be appreciated.
Revzila and others sell bike specific mounting systems and wire harnesses. They are serious horns. You can even get your riding buddy to pull over to take a leak.

Denali SoundBomb Horn Mount Suzuki V-Strom 650 / 1000 - RevZilla About $15 for the bracket. $25 for the harness.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Revzila and others sell bike specific mounting systems and wire harnesses. They are serious horns. You can even get your riding buddy to pull over to take a leak.

Denali SoundBomb Horn Mount Suzuki V-Strom 650 / 1000 - RevZilla About $15 for the bracket. $25 for the harness.

Thanks for the link NVDucati! After looking at the mounting instructions I'm just going to get the materials and make the mount myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
119 Posts
I put a SoundBomb on my V2 and it's loud enough that your buddy won't have time to pull over to take a leak! The biggest issue is routing the 12V and ground. If you mount the relay near the existing horn you should be able to plug the existing wires into the relay coil connections.

Cheers!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I put a SoundBomb on my V2 and it's loud enough that your buddy won't have time to pull over to take a leak! The biggest issue is routing the 12V and ground. If you mount the relay near the existing horn you should be able to plug the existing wires into the relay coil connections.

Cheers!

Could this simply replace the existing horn? (I use that term lightly--it's more like a scooter "here I am" warning than a horn).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
i "replaced" my OEM horn with the denali soundbomb mini. I also bought a mounting kit. I mounted the horn inside the beak, on the right hand side. clipped the connectors attached to the OEM horn, spliced in a 14ga wire. No relays.

this horn maxes out at 5amp so a 14ga is fine. The OEM wire is 14ga as well.

took me about 15 minutes to install.

·
Registered
13,134 Posts
Cool. I maxed out my EB PC-8 fuse box with FARKLE's but I can always add one more device. I have a radar detector under the beak and the Denali LED mount but will find room somewhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts