StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Friends, I bought my Dl650K5 a couple of months ago... but it didn't come with the owner's manual... though the guy had the actual service manual! I figured, hey, that's OK. BUT... it doesn't say how to set the dang clock! And I am embarrassed to say (please be gentle with me) that I could not figure it out... there are two buttons on the panel that control the odometer... how do I set my clock?! And please don't tell me to wait till midnight & disconnect my battery :D.
Been happy motoring with this bike! What a hoot! This might be the perfect bike... great mileage, great handling... of course after a trip to Bennington VT (from Boston) I want a better seat.
Thanks, folks! Sincerely, Jon G., Arlington MA

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no dice with engine "off"

Well, that was an interesting thread, thanks! I tried setting the clock, but had no luck with the engine off. Next time I crank it up (read: take it outside my garage) I'll try again, holding it longer. Boy, it seemed like I held it long enough. Thanks! Jon.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Ya gotta hold yer mouth right... ;)

I have to relearn every time daylight saving time goes on or off or whenever I disconnect the battery... You just have to play with the key and buttons until it works... :roll:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The interesting point for me was pushing the left button slightly early. If the right button press is slightly early, it won't work.

·
Registered
852 Posts
how do I set my clock?! And please don't tell me to wait till midnight & disconnect my battery :D.

I want a better seat.

Actually, if you do it at Midnight, it won't work. The clock resets to 1:00 when you cut the power!

On the seat front, why not try a Sargent seat? You get a free butt test for 30 days!

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is what worked for me. I followed the instructions in my owners manual, but they only worked immediately after turning the key from off to on. If I did anything else, I had to start over from key off to key on.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I was having trouble until I tried it with the engine running, as I remember. Worked fine with it fired up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts